Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-25-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
DreamU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you haven't finished at least Chapter 4, this will be a SPOILER...
In Spellhold you decide if you want Imoen back in your party. I choose not, figuring Jan was more advanced (even though the multi-class would hold him back). I'd like to hear from those who kept Imoen - how did her final stats turn out and are you glad she joined up?

Here's Jan's final stats:

AC -4 (and can cast), HP 55, THAC0 6,
Thief Level 15
**Open Locks, 95, Find Traps 125, Pick Pockets 60, Move Silent 50, **Hide in Shadows 140, Detect Illusion 90
**Set Traps 90, Backstab x5.
Illusionist Level 13
**Basically means he topped out at 3 level 6 spells.

I didn't do all the quests, ended up about 10% below XP cap.
DreamU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:12 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by DreamU:
If you haven't finished at least Chapter 4, this will be a SPOILER...
In Spellhold you decide if you want Imoen back in your party. I choose not, figuring Jan was more advanced (even though the multi-class would hold him back). I'd like to hear from those who kept Imoen - how did her final stats turn out and are you glad she joined up?

Here's Jan's final stats:

AC -4 (and can cast), HP 55, THAC0 6,
Thief Level 15
**Open Locks, 95, Find Traps 125, Pick Pockets 60, Move Silent 50, **Hide in Shadows 140, Detect Illusion 90
**Set Traps 90, Backstab x5.
Illusionist Level 13
**Basically means he topped out at 3 level 6 spells.

I didn't do all the quests, ended up about 10% below XP cap.

IIRC Jan is an illusionist, mening to say that there are spells of a certain school that he can't learn. Hope you have another mage...

In my game I kept Imoen and dumped Jan. As a thief (mainly to detect & disarm traps, and lockpick) Imoen was good enough. Coupled with potions of master thievery she was more than adequate for my thieving needs.

Also, Imoen has an Int of 17, Jan's is 16 iirc. Since she is dual classed, and not multi-classed, she levels up as a mage faster than Jan, and would be able to cast level 9 spells sooner than Jan.

I did ToB, and by the end of the game she had learned what the ToB manual referred to as "level 10 " mage spells - dragon's breath, comet, etc.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:15 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

If you use Jan or Imoen depends on several things

1.) Do you have other mages - If not --> Imoen is a must
2.) Are you romancing Jaheira - IIRC she will be extremely disappointed if you dump Imoen
3.) Do you have need of a good thief - If yes --> Jan
4.) Do you want a lot of funny in-party talk --> Jan
5.) Do you like whining --> Imoen
6.) Do you need a backup archer (crossbow) --> Jan
7.) Do you want at least one goodlooking woman in your party --> Imoen
8.) Do you want party members that don't die at the first encounter of a Dragon/Mind Flayer/Elder Orb/Vampire --> dump them both
Old 02-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #4
DreamU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would be grateful to anyone willing to share Imoen's final SoA (end of chp 7) abilities/stats with me.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

IIRC, you cant learn 9th level spells without an intelligence of 18. am i correct in this or not?
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 04:24 PM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by DreamU:
I would be grateful to anyone willing to share Imoen's final SoA (end of chp 7) abilities/stats with me.

In SoA, before buying ToB, I've gotten her up to level 17 mage before. She's pretty darn good at that level.

You'll need to either have a very small party OR save most of your adventures for chapter 6 to get her this high without ToB (in particular Watcher's Keep).

Her abilities remain the same.

Hope this helps!

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:16 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

ToB Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Imoen gains abilities in ToB, she gets them in three stages, which will give her additional Bhaalspawn powers and permanent boosts to her stats.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:13 AM   #8
DreamU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Nifft. That's awesome 'Quest Management' to get her to Level 17. I had two other mages with me for the whole game and just barely got them to Level 17! So, I might have got her to Level 16. Interesting points about Imoen's growth in TOB but I won't be playing it - I need to get back to the rest of my life now.....