Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2001, 10:52 AM   #1
whereswaldo

once I left the stout mines, (after completeing the give a stout mine guard an invite quest) it wont let me back in. when I get to the tunnel enterance the guard tells me to put the writ in the drawer to get out.... I havent even gotten in yet. he then gives me back two writs and the game loads twice and I am back where i started. what do i do. i need some dragon armor!
Old 01-08-2001, 11:02 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Have you downloaded and run the patch??
I think this particular problem was solved in the patch. I'll also check to see if I can find some of the older useful threads on this topic - there may have been more than one solution.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 03:35 PM   #3
whereswaldo

well, I just downloaded the patch to no avail. on this and on the other toad shaman's door problem. Maybe I'll just give up and find another hobby! LOL
Old 01-08-2001, 04:05 PM   #4
Dwarf

If the worse comes to the worse, zip the saved game file and email it to me.I'll go through the doorway and see if I get the same problem, if not I'll save it and return it to you.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:10 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

I read in another post someone was able to skip the stout mines and enter the dragonspire with a character loaded with fire protections. Do this with a healer to be able to resurrect the others.
That might keep you going when you can't solve this.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 11:30 AM   #6
whereswaldo

well, I tried going in without the armor and it is like there is an invisible barrier. so that one is out. how do i get your e-mail adress balgin? any one else with a solution please help!
Old 01-10-2001, 02:30 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Do you have a save game prior to getting in (or out of) the Stout Mines the first time? I've noticed this happens when you move away from the guy too fast. You have to stand there and let him finish speaking and get the writ back before you do. The only explanation I can think of is that the "bug" in the game sees your character's movement as two attempts to enter or leave. This has happened to me before.

Another thing: if you have two writs right now, go outside of the current sector (like into another dungeon like Shurugeon Castle or just inside Dragon Spire, drop all the writs except 1, then go back to the Stout Mines and retry entry following the instructions above (not moving until he gives you the writ back). I think the multiple attempts occur if more than 1 writ exists within the given sector.

Hope this helps,
Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote