Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-05-2001, 11:20 PM   #1
Gwayne
Zhentarim Guard

Role playing is certainly what you make of it.I loved playing this game
"eminsly"! but at the same time am troubled by the outcome of the game,and
the way it forces you to go hence forth a bit on the dark side? I think this
should not have been programmed in this fasion. I think somehow the options
could have been or gone either way.If you chose to accept the evil do you or
whatever.I have finished BgII and am now playing ToB. And the final chapter
may perhaps clear up some issues I was certainly uncomfortable with.Just wondered if anyone else playing felt a bit like I did??

------------------
Old 07-06-2001, 09:27 AM   #2
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Actually after beating Jon Irenicus, I realised I had become evil or something, which was weird (is that oart of the game?) Its also annoying 'cos I'll have to go back and redo the endgame, as I want a good finish so I can play good and evil in TOB....
Old 07-06-2001, 10:04 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
Actually after beating Jon Irenicus, I realised I had become evil or something, which was weird (is that oart of the game?) Its also annoying 'cos I'll have to go back and redo the endgame, as I want a good finish so I can play good and evil in TOB....
The reason you became evil is that you acted in a very evil way during the tests in hell. Lemme guess: you just sacrificed one of your party members or an innocent peasant to get better of it, or you turned into the Slayer in your battle with Sarevok? Especially the first one has a big influence on your alignment... My suggestion is reload to a part just before the tests in hell and act like the good guy, not the bad guy. It seems you didn't really act in a "good" way there .