Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 10:13 PM   #91
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...Oops!!
I forgot to put all of that into ooc format. When I said that I was going to look for Deiter, I was joking... !!Sorry!
Ok...I can fix this and make it work into the story, without you re-writing anything. Hold on...

Larry saw that Mistral was doing well, and that she had Shatter in her grasp. He now needed to find his other friend Deiter. Spree needed him, and that meant Larry needed him, too.
So, after checking his belongings for the proper potions he would want to take with him...he whistled for Nightblade.
"I need you, my friend"!Larry calls out to the blade. Leaving the potion behind, Nightblade speeds back to Larry's awating hand.
Finding the grate in the floor, Larry drinks a potion of Storm Giant Strength, and pulls the grate up from the floor. Then, trusting the sword to do its work...Larry plunges into the water, and is fascinated that he can now breathe under water! He begins to swim back to the portal to see if he can find the mystery of Deiter's absence.

ooc...is that ok?
That will take me out of the picture easily enough since tommorrow will be a busy day for me, and I cannot get online as easily as today. Therefore, when I do return it will be with or without Deiter. Hoping he can get online, soon!!!
Old 10-13-2001, 10:20 PM   #92
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ooc: Sounds fine, Larry. I will be very busy over the next week too I have no idea whether K Spree and Deiter are going to stick to the original twist about releasing Deiter; she is now stuck with a magic sword charging at her (and Nightblade has returned to you). Argh... this is so confusing...

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 10:41 PM   #93
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She looks at the blades charging for her.~ "Oh shit..." ~She starts an all out sprint through the rafters, well the vines do what they can to delay the blades. Out of the throne room she runs and above rooms of the palace she had not yet seen. One of the many blades hits her in the side, she gasps, pummeling downward into a deep pool at the bottom of the room. She crawls at the bottom of the water, despite the pain, and continues through a series of narrow crawling spaces. She found herself very cold as she emerged from the water, and she kneels down, coughing up a bit of blood, she takes her hand to her side, groaning.~ "One rib broken... No... two... Agh damn..." ~She tears the edge of her cloak off and wraps it tightly around her mid, wincing in pain. She notices again how cold the dimly lit room was, looking around through a mist of agony.~ "What is this place?" ~She gets up grimacing, hobbling along. There is no door to exit the room, just the water she came from and a window. She walks to the window and pulls back the curtain.~ "Oh sweet mother of a half-orcan whore..." ~She shakes her head, blood staining her lips.~ "I don't believe this bastard." ~The window was indeed a passageway into what appeared to be a bedroom. Everything was extravegant from the silken sheets to the fur-lined slippers that lay in front of her. She smirks, pulling a dagger from her boot and tossing it straight between the eyes of a portrait of Meldrin.~ "Serves yah right, dirty bastard."
Old 10-13-2001, 11:37 PM   #94
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Partial bump, partial continue... DEITER YOU'D BEST BE IN HERE TOMMOROW!)

~She returns the dagger safely to its sheath, looking around the room.~ "I have never seen so much useless shit in my life..." ~She looks at ivory-carved boxes with absolutely nothing in them, a chamber pot made of fine china, books too old and rotten to read next to books with velvet covers, when she got to the lace edged pillow cases she had to chuckle.~ "The man MUST be compensating for something." ~She limps out the door at the west of the room, being sure to plant poison in the bottle of emerald ink. Upon exiting the room she was greeted by a gaurd of whom she immediately killed with a simple slash through his body cavity. Still clutching her side she makes her way down the coral and marble hallway, nonchalantly killing any two-legged creature that got in her way. Stumbling she curses.~ "I wish I would have just stayed in bed today... Slept through this whole god-damn ordeal."
Old 10-14-2001, 03:10 AM   #95
mistral4543

~ Serephine's face is grim as she listens to the whispers of her spy. ~ How dare they… how dare they attack my men?!… Are we not staging a revolt because of Mistral? And here are her friends assassinating my army! I will not have it… ~ She clenches her fists in an effort to remain calm, and forces her face back to impassivity as Meldrin's eyes rest on her momentarily. ~

~ She gazes at Mistral's barely alive form, remembering the stab she had briefly felt as the latter fell to the ground lifeless. ~ I gave you my word not to attack your friends… yet how can I let them go on a killing spree? ~ Troubled, she snaps back to attention in time as Meldrin once again casts a glance in her direction. ~ Does he know?… ~
Old 10-14-2001, 03:16 AM   #96
mistral4543

~ Absorbed in his thoughts, Meldrin does not notice Killing Spree's sprint until it is too late. Turning around expecting to see a nicely filleted niece (albeit a distant one), he perceives instead one of his magic swords entangled in the vines she had summoned. Where has she disappeared? ~ Curses himself for being distracted, then tries to console himself ~ Ah well, at least one of the blades has gone after her. More likely than not, she is being sliced up somewhere within my magnificent palace and finished off by my guards… I hope her blood does not stain my hallway…

~ Chuckling uncertainly to himself, Meldrin returns his line of vision to that of his troops. What he sees frightens him for the first time of his life…~ My men seem somehow different today. Restless and distracted... Serephine, in particular. I wonder what she is thinking... could they be staging a revolt? ~ Thinks hard ~ I haven't many spells left for when those bastards return for Mistral… I cannot afford to waste them attacking imaginary enemies. No, I must conserve my precious spells for the right moment. ~

~ With that, he walks forward to Mistral and attempts to lift Brightblade. ~ "Damn!" ~ A powerful surge of energy strikes him, and he instantly releases the katana. ~ How interesting! It seems to recognise me as an enemy…Even as he gingerly rubs his charred hand, Meldrin tries to rationalise the reason behind this occurrence. ~

~ As he watches Mistral's hands feebly reaching for the katana, he makes no further attempt to stop her. ~ When this is over, I shall get Serephine to deliver all the swords to the Treasury. She's grown too popular and powerful that it's likely she'll challenge me one day… it shall be a pleasant 'honour' for her to personally handle these treasures… ~

~ Uneasy that he is left with only one prisoner within his view now, Meldrin signals for Serephine to come up ~ "Tie her up and place her here." ~ He gestures towards the bottom of the short flight of steps leading to the throne. ~

~ Serephine moves forward and expressionlessly produces a rope and obeys his instructions. ~ "Why are your hands shaking?" ~ Meldrin's eyes narrow ~ Serephine returns his gaze firmly this time. ~ "I've just seen the power of that blade, and am merely taking precautions against suffering the same effect myself." ~

~ When the deed is done, Meldrin nods absently and Serephine returns to her position. Meldrin then climbs up the stairs to resume his rightful place - seated on the throne... ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-14-2001).]
Old 10-14-2001, 03:39 AM   #97
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: I'm back! Sorry, should've told you - I was away from Wednesday until yesterday evening. Now I've got to dig up the old thread and see what has happened - btw, what in all the world happened to the ranks???? I liked being a silver dragon, what am I now?
Old 10-14-2001, 04:23 AM   #98
mistral4543

~ A Brief Reunion ~

She walks down the path, carefully at first because she is unsure of what lies in front of her. Then, her footsteps quicken as she realises that this new place is one filled with infinite peace. Around her, there is a constant flow of soft humming which fills her with tranquility. At last she reaches the gate; it opens automatically and she continues on this journey.

As she strolls along the river, she hears excited voices. She glances to her left to see two celestial beings. Strangely, she feels an affinity to them and they nod their confirmation of the mutual feeling. ~ "I told you she'd be like me, Aragorn." a soothing voice murmurs; it brings a tear rolling down Mistral's cheek. ~ "Mother?" she whispers and receives a warm embrace which she never wants to break free from. ~ "Mistral! Forgive me… forgive a heartless cad for driving you away from your home. Life has been trying for you, I know, and I am to blame for it." the tone of anguish in her father's voice completely erases any resentment she had felt earlier. Reluctantly, she lets go of her mother and holds her father in her arms. ~ "I've never seen you both before… and I can't, even now! It's not fair…" ~ Mistral begins to sob, then stops herself. They must think I'm a real baby…no, was a real baby. ~ "Finally, we are together and shall remain so forever…"~

~ In the distance, a masculine voice chants a prayer… ~ "No, Mistral, you're not here to stay. Not for now." Eilonwy shakes her head gently, "Your time is not up. Listen to that prayer… it is Larry, trying to resurrect you..." ~ "No!!! Leave me alone! I'm happy here! Larry, can you hear me?!" Mistral shrieks, her terror holding her in a death grip. She grasps her parents' hands ~ "Save me, Father and Mother! Save me as you've never saved me before… please…" ~ "You must go, and you know it!" Aragorn's stern voice rebukes her ~ "Those are your friends, each of whom is there risking his or her life trying to save you. If you leave them there, you're not fit to be a Freelight!" ~

~ "Freelight?" Curiousity gets the better hold on Mistral and she ceases her protests for the time being ~ "Am I not a Brightblade?" ~ "Brightblade was only a nickname; our real family name is that of Freelight… there isn't time to explain all this, Mistral. You must go and that's final! Fallen paladin or not, I'll be listened to by my child!" ~ "Fallen paladin? What do you mean, Father? Why am I burdened with more questions even when I'm dead?" ~ Mistral breaks into sobs ~ "All I want is peace, love and family! I don't care anymore about anything else, much less that stupid blade! It's caused nothing but trouble to our whole family and my friends!" ~

~ As the chanting grows louder and louder, her desperation reaches its peak ~ "Larry, reward my feeble attempt to delay your death! Release me, I beg you!" ~ Aragorn shakes her for a moment ~ "You wanted to prove to us you could make it on your own… so you'll go down there and do just that!" his voice softens wistfully ~ "We'll miss you, but we don't want you up here… so soon…" ~ her parents' voices are fading… ~

~ The touch of a warm hand breaks her final contact with Aragorn and Eilonwy. All of a sudden, pain of a thousand kinds bombards her body and she feels as weak as a newborn baby. ~ The hand lifts her own and places what feels like the hilt of a sword in it… it must be… must be that blasted Brightblade… take it away! ~ She is too feeble even to push the offending object away. ~ It…seems to will me… to live… ~ she feels her lifeforce returning slowly ~
A soft brush of lips on her forehead soothes her a little ~ Very well… Father… and Mother… I… I'll… try… to do you… proud… ~

Old 10-14-2001, 04:32 AM   #99
mistral4543

ooc: Hi Kaz, we've missed you! Happy reading

Old 10-14-2001, 05:34 AM   #100
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Ye gods! What in all the world has happened???
Kaz blinked, awakening. She was sitting in the corner of the inn, cloak wrapped around her. The room was empty, it was dark outside. How long have I been here? she thought. Trying to remember the past few days, she could only think of swirling, senseless dreams. The encounter with Sakyn had made her recall things long buried in the depths of memory. Kaz stood, wobbling. A black raven hopped onto her shoulder, cawing softly. Aerynkoryk understood that his mistress needed comfort.
Kaz had spent several days between dreams and waking, trying to come to terms with her past. She had tried not to show any of this to her companions, like the loner that she was. It had worked very well, Larry thinking that she had chosen to stay behind so that they could rescue Mistral, when she was really fighting the demons of her past. If he had looked closely, he might have noticed the slight glow to her eyes, sign of the battle within her. Now, she forcefully shoved the images that had almost cost her her sanity back into the recesses of her mind. It was a trick she had come up with a long time ago, soon after-
The gates of memory clang shut.
Kaz laughed bitterly. The others' obsession with their past seemed like a cruel joke. Unlike Mistral, she knew her past, yet to remember it, she would have to recall things best left untouched. She had chosen the second way, to leave her past behind - all of it. Yet now, the memories returned... I will leave, she thought. I will return to what I was, Kaz the Wanderer, pastless, friendless - friendless? Mistral, Larry, Killing Spree, Deiter - are they my friends? Even if they are not, I owe them a great debt. I will repay it, then be on my way. Satisfied, Kaz grasped her staff, lying beside her. Soon after, the corner was empty, the only sound air rushing in to fill the hole left by Kaz's abrupt departure.

OOC: You'll have to convince me to stay, ok? BTW, because of reasons mentioned above, I am not sure what level my character is or what her equipment is. I'm also not too familiar with the BG2 rules - just started playing. So I'm not exactly sure what spells I can use and what spells I can't use. Another question - where is everybody? I lost track...