Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 09:19 AM   #1
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm just wondering if I absolutely need Valygar to join my party to get into the Planar Sphere and do that quest. I ran into him last night and I couldnt see an option to just have him meet me there.. he seems to insist on joining my party. I dont want to get rid of any of my party members so I'm wondering how do I get into the planar sphere
without taking Valygar into my party?

Any help would be cool... also is the planar sphere a rewarding quest? (please dont give me any major spoilers)

Eddith
Old 01-20-2001, 09:47 AM   #2
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

You have to take in valygar to get in the sphere. Just keep him till you open the door then kick him out again. You can kill him and use his corpse to get in too. Yes it is a rewarding quest.
Old 01-20-2001, 09:51 AM   #3
draconia

Hi Eddith, I am not very good at this game but I did do this quest. I took Valygar into my party to do this quest and I am not sure if you can do it without him. It says that you need him to be able to get into the planar sphere. You can take him into your party and whoever he replaces, you can get back. Just tell whoever you replace where to meet you again and then you go there and get them back.
I did like this quest but I can't remember everything that you can get in this quest.

Old 01-20-2001, 04:33 PM   #4
G.W.

Valygar is a great fighter. Better than Minsc with strength enhancing equipment (look at his dexterity and his armor). Second only to Korgan. You should be honored to have him in the party.

Old 01-20-2001, 05:38 PM   #5
"Hell Lich" Wah

He's so good that he doesn't dare say a word without your permission.

he's about as boring as one of your own created NPCs.

Old 01-20-2001, 05:52 PM   #6
G.W.

Still, his voice is better than most you can choose. He may be quiet but like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, he carries a wallet that says "B.M.F."

Old 01-20-2001, 07:19 PM   #7
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I killed Valygar and took his body to the sphere. Just carry his body and open the sphere.
You can also demand a little extra payment from the mage in the government.
Old 01-20-2001, 08:00 PM   #8
"Hell Lich" Wah

That's the spirit!! I don't know why I hold a grudge against valygar but I just do - maybe it's just his peaceful calm voice = messes up my battle rhythm!!

Old 01-21-2001, 04:20 AM   #9
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I dare to say t5hat Valygar is the Best warroir in the Game
Better than Minsc Korgan and that paladin guy
better than mazzy and any other fighter

About him being boring?
that is a small price to pay
and hell i'm boring too
Does you character ever say anything
without someone asking him?
Old 01-21-2001, 01:56 PM   #10
G.W.

His pure stealth ability is unmatched and very useful if you decide to take a dual class thief as your main one. His armor is the second best leather armor in the game (equal to plate +2), and arguably the best one given its resistances. His katana is the second best katana in the game, matched with the Celestial Fury, he may be the most powerful dual wielder, and he has the best proficiencies choices in the game. If you aren't going to be a katana wielder, then he's the best fighter.