Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-29-2000, 06:44 PM   #1
orlimar

I got a new computer it is a pentium 4 at 1.4ghz with 128 mg of ram and a geforce 2 video card. It plays baldurs gate 2 (with full installation) fine for the first 5 to 15 minutes but after that it gets terrible laggy, much laggier than when i play it on my old pentium 2 at 233 mgz (with minimal installation. Does anyone know what i can do to solve this problem, cause it is getting very annoying having to restart the computer every 5 minutes or so.

Help me plz, thanks

Old 12-29-2000, 09:04 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi orlimar,
I'm no expert at this and I would certainly have thought that a system with those specs would be able to handle the 3D graphics setting, but the people that I have heard of that had this problem were using the 3D graphics option. When they turned it off there system ran fine. It could be that 128 megs or ram isn't enough.
Armisael or Memnoch may know something else.
GL
Old 12-29-2000, 10:15 PM   #3
Helm-guard

I had the same problem, I had a pentium 200 I was bearly able to load the game but I finished it with a priest of Helm, Then I got an early Xmas gift my father payed half my new computer. I had windows 95 with my old one a pretty dependable (*L* for something made by microsoft) and in my new one the bug filled crap'o' cheapness Windows 98 I tried getting 95 by the guy at the computer store said 'no dice'. Anyway on 98 Baldurs gate 2 (and all my other programms) don't work as well. I have to reload my computer every time I try to work on programms (Like Adobe) or games like (Baldurs gate) or everything gets choppy. even playing baldurs Gate for me than two hours will make it choppy. Look out the Millenium series is comming out (I can feel the bugs already!) if only my adobe and all my games worked on Linus or Mac games be cheaper!

Old 12-29-2000, 10:34 PM   #4
Teeka

Hi,
I have played the game on both 98 and millenium. My personal preference is playing on Millenium. I have a Pentium 3 500. The game did lag and stutter on 98. It is still stuttering but doesn't lag. I also do not have it fully installed. I did have but due to MechWarrior (husbands) and lack of hard disk space. I can't tell a difference between the installs on millenium except switching cd's every once in a while.

Old 12-30-2000, 07:39 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Switch off the 3D option, that should fix it.