Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #1
swavek
The Magister

the moonblade that belongs to this braud is really good and i would like to keep it, but i am wondering whether there are any repercussions in keeping it besides losing out on the XP?
Old 09-12-2002, 07:02 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

None other than a guilty conscience for having kept something that doesn't belong to you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Seriously, though. No, there are no other consequences except losing out on some xp. Isn't her moonblade a +2 large sword? Really nice weapon, especially at that point in the game. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 07:18 PM   #3
Kalak
The Magister

It's actually not that good...since it's ethereal you don't get any strength bonuses to damage which severely limits its usefuleness for a fighter. However, for a weak second line guy it's perfect. And you can get the sword and get the xp, but I'll let you figure out how.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
Go give it back to her and she will return it. You get the moonblade and the XP. If I remember correctly
Old 09-12-2002, 10:18 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Baldassare:
Spoiler
Go give it back to her and she will return it. You get the moonblade and the XP. If I remember correctly
It all depends on what you say to her, one phrase will give you xp and gold (I think), another a dual, and the third is above.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I forgot and kept it...woops! Yes I am guilty of a GUI. Gaming Under the Influence. I wasnt allowed to use the sword for 6 months, a 250 GP fine, and 40 hours community service cleaning the sewer system of Targos. I'm not likely to do it again, I have indeed learned my lesson!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:28 PM   #7
swavek
The Magister

thanks folks.
although, in regards to losing out on the strenght bonues: this moonblade gets a +4 to damage so unless you've got a half-orc with a 20 strenght you're not losing any damage.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:42 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I'm not likely to do it again, I have indeed learned my lesson!
Liar!

[ 09-12-2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:24 AM   #9
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by swavek:
thanks folks.
although, in regards to losing out on the strenght bonues: this moonblade gets a +4 to damage so unless you've got a half-orc with a 20 strenght you're not losing any damage.
Yes there is an option to keep the sword AND get the XP reward.
I am not sure about the +4 to damage. My Paladin/Fighter has been using the sword for 6-7 levels in the offhand, I've never seen it do more than 8 point of damage.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:33 AM   #10
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Here's the deal:

SPOILER
If you give her the sword back, you get about 2000XP and that's it. If you SAVE THE VILLAGE she is concerned about (to the east of her), and THEN give the sword back, you get the sword as well. The dialog I chose with my Paladin was the "No reward is necessary" one , rather than "The tenants of my faith won't allow me to accept a reward" reply to get the sword and XP.