Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

i am stuck on killin the final boss the big Dragon any suggestions on what would help
Old 09-12-2002, 04:18 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Lewis, thought youd offed old Ischaracht a while back. Dont gloat to me over how crap I am and how long im taking to finish then come posting for help where I can see it, K?

Post party details and such, else no-one can help all that much.

I think you have to smash the crystal outside as well, so go do it now if you missed it.

Now I had a tank-heavy party - one paladin, extra tough, and one Dwarven Fighter of Doom. So I was able to take the dragon in melee. Haste, Prayer, Recitation, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, all went towards tipping the odds. Plus mages and clerics throwing all the offensive spells they had. Do *not* bother with cone of cold and the like. Stick with fire based spells and the non-elementals (Magic Missile, Force MIssile and so on).

Try and keep your tanks on opposite sides of the beast, so he cant wing-buffet you.

For what its worth, Ischaracht is nothing compared to BG2:TOBs dragons.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:47 PM   #3
Witch King
Dungeon Master

Also do you have any potions/wands left?

Nows the time to use them up.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I found her harder than any of the BG2 or ToB dragons, except maybe the first time I fought Firkraag, but my party avg lvls were 12-13 (thief was lvl 18)