Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-14-2001, 04:33 AM   #1
peipei_lin
The Magister

I had downloaded the patch for SoA, but the god-damn 'patch' just don't work on its own! Do you put this thing into a specific profile, or you need to use a special program to run it? It is said on the download location saying that this patch is exe file, but when I download it, it turn out to be "unknown" running file.

I have tried several different places, and it all came out the same...so how does it work?!

MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY help plz...
MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY thnx...

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: peipei_lin ]

Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 11-14-2001, 04:34 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

calm down, dude...
Old 11-14-2001, 04:42 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Peipei, watch your language, mate. We don't censor people here but we don't like people swearing for no reason, especially in their titles. We expect people to have the maturity to converse in a civilized fashion. It will make people less likely to help you, anyway, and it's pretty rude.

When your file downloads just run it. It will self-execute and install the patch.

Old 11-14-2001, 04:45 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

If you're still having problems, download this patch. I've never had a problem with it.

http://www.bioware.com/bgate2/bg2patch.shtml
Old 11-14-2001, 04:50 AM   #5
peipei_lin
The Magister

Thankyou, Memnoch:

I will take onboard of what you said, and I apologize with my most humble mannor... sorry for the rudeness...
(Honest, i thought the little astrisk is ok, well at least I learned a lesson.)

And I haven't finish download the patch yet, after a few moment I will get it on the reply!
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 11-14-2001, 05:18 AM   #6
peipei_lin
The Magister

It worked,It worked,It worked,It worked,It worked,It worked!!!!!

I know why it didn't work, because I changed the file name...lol...
But the sad thing is, I spend 30 minutes on downloading it but it is useless because I already got the patch along with ToB, gee, I didn't know that!!

Well, it would be useful if I decides to play TDD...
[anybody know what that is? thats the unofficial expantion of BGII, called: The Darkest Day. quite exciting-looking if you ask me...]