Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2001, 07:46 PM   #1
Alfred
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing a Paladin. I'm in chapter 3 and am on the 3rd quest the knights gave me. I'm to keep a girl safe until her uncle comes to pick her up since her family was murdered. Any one know how long I have to wait?
Its been 3 1/2 days game time. A friend played this one and waited 2 days. I'm going on 4. Its getting boring having the characters just stand around all day.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Old 05-02-2001, 08:16 PM   #2
Halbred
The Magister

Id love to help but i have not done that quest... just wait for Mmenoch or one of the vets to get on here they will have the answers... they alwasy do

Good luck to you
Old 05-02-2001, 08:50 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

SPOILER
Very odd. I seem to remember that Quest was a simple cutscene, activated when you got to the house... Are you in the right building? The house you should be at is in the Docks District, on the right (your right) of the large orangey building with two staircases leading to the door... the Temple of Oghma. The house you're looking for has a red awning above the main window. Once you are there, you meet the Paladin on guard duty, and things progress from there.

Tancred

I must confess, I thought he said the BRIDGE district... boy, was I puzzled.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:25 PM   #4
Gimlee
Elminster

This quest is a little tricky. You,ll see why. You'll need to do something special (not really but...). I sugest to save before doing the last part of the quest.
Old 05-02-2001, 11:26 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Alfred:
I'm playing a Paladin. I'm in chapter 3 and am on the 3rd quest the knights gave me. I'm to keep a girl safe until her uncle comes to pick her up since her family was murdered. Any one know how long I have to wait?
Its been 3 1/2 days game time. A friend played this one and waited 2 days. I'm going on 4. Its getting boring having the characters just stand around all day.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
When the assassins came into the house and attack, did you kill ALL of them in the first floor? In the game, the assassin who spawned near the stairs is meant to be able to head to the second floor, where you will have to follow and kill him in order for the quest to continue.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 08:29 AM   #6
Alfred
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1 got past me and I got him upstairs.
I went back a save and entered the house again in case i goofed something the 1st time. This time 3 of them got past me and upstairs. I managed to kill all three at the top of the stairs. I spoke to the girl and she just tells me to go back downstairs. I let the game run overnight. It has now been 6 1/2 days game time and no one has shown up yet. (day 22 hour 5 to day 28 hour 12)
I'm started to get a bit upset with the game. Its a lot of time I could be having fun with the characters.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:44 AM   #7
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Did you try going back upstairs to talk to the girl? I seem to remember having to go back and forth up the stairs abit on this quest . . .

BK
Old 05-03-2001, 08:51 AM   #8
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

IIRC, after I went upstairs to take care of the last guy, I spoke with the girl. She told me to "go downstairs" as well. I did that and she followed me downstairs. She then talked to me and told me she was going to leave, etc. Shortly thereafter...like maybe 2 min. real time...her guardian showed up. You might have gotten stuck in a loop or something.

Might want to back up to a previously saved game. Hopefully you saved before entering the house to start the quest? If you didn't, you should take a lesson here. Always save before kicking off a quest...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:01 AM   #9
Alfred
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i saved before entering the house. The first time i tried this, i went up and down the stairs a number of times. she never came back down after the assassins showed up. (4 1/2 days game time)
Then I tried it again from my ealier save. That was the 6 1/2 days

I'll try it a third time.
If it dosn't work, is there any way to make the game think the quest is over so I can start another quest?

Old 05-03-2001, 09:38 AM   #10
Alfred
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Third times the charm. He showed up within 2 minutes.
Thanks