Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-14-2002, 02:32 AM   #21
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

I really don't have a problem with many of the teams in the NHL. Well, maybe Columbus, Nashville, and Atlanta. How did these places get teams?

I can't stand the Avs either. I used to be a big fan of Joe Sakic, back when it was Quebec, but now I can't stand him. A rivalry does that, though. [img]smile.gif[/img] The 'A' line in NJ was cool; it was a quality line for a while. I remember reuniting them on one of my computer games. Sykora was my favorite. Don't know why, he just was.

I'll say some nice things about the other teams mentioned (that way when I rip into them, I can point back at this). Vancouver: Naslund is a pure sniper, and they gave the Wings a tough run in the playoffs last year. I hate Bertuzzi, though. Dallas: Mike Modano has been a great player for a long time. I respect his play. I also like Billy Guerin, but I don't think he's the scorer he's seemed to be the past few years. Edmonton: Hey, they have Mike Comrie, a former U of Mich. player. They can't be that bad, then. Oh wait, yes they can! Calgary: Jerome Iginla is awesome. And they got Chris Drury out of Colorado, thank goodness. St. Louis: Al MacInnis is a sweet defenseman. I also like Pavol Demitra.

One last note: Thank goodness for Mario Lemieux. He's carrying my fantasy hockey team.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:13 AM   #22
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Not that Iron Ranger needs any help but the Stars are the best in the West. That's true now and i think it still will be true at the end of the season.
I love Detroit. I still have a soft spot for Hull and their style of play is exciting to watch. It's a shame that Dallas will have to beat them in the conference final.
Oooh Great joke antryg [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] . The Stars may be one of the better teams in the west but definitively not the best. They may rank 4th or 5th. Best are the Wings and Avs. It really hurst saying that doesn´t it? The blues are always lurking along as usual. Anyways the fav team. That´s the Leafs although they seriously suck this season (so far at least)!! I´m thinking of switching sides lol. Now what´s interesting is that all the good teams in the west have senior citizens in their rosters. I mean Guerin, Hatcher, Tugnutt, Turgeon and Young in the stars for example. The red wings and the avs are just as bad. Why is that? Why always buy 30+ players?
Old 11-14-2002, 09:23 AM   #23
Ace of Spades
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Hey man Sakic rules ok! He's from Burnaby! Classy guy.
Yup, Sakic rules! Forsberg and Roy, too! GO AVS!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:21 AM   #24
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
[QB
[/qb]
Oooh Great joke antryg [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] . The Stars may be one of the better teams in the west but definitively not the best. They may rank 4th or 5th. Best are the Wings and Avs. It really hurst saying that doesn´t it? The blues are always lurking along as usual. Anyways the fav team. That´s the Leafs although they seriously suck this season (so far at least)!! I´m thinking of switching sides lol. Now what´s interesting is that all the good teams in the west have senior citizens in their rosters. I mean Guerin, Hatcher, Tugnutt, Turgeon and Young in the stars for example. The red wings and the avs are just as bad. Why is that? Why always buy 30+ players?[/qb][/QUOTE]

The avs? Their ranked 8th in the west right now, Columbs is right behind them..St. Patrick better give them a kick in the pants or something. Roy always saves their asses

As for all the old players...Experince is the best teacher. The Stars have youth too. Niko Kapanen, Brendan Morrow, Marty Turco, The stars have a bright furture. The wings also have alot of youth that doesnt get much attention because all the furture hall of famers on the team. The wings have, Willams (I think thats his name anyway), Pavel Datsyuk, Jiri Fisher, Jiri Selgr, alot of other guys too.

As for the avs, well they ahve some fresh faces as well. Tanguay, and I think Peter Forsberg can still be in his prime.

Edit: I forgot Henrik Zetterberg for the wings, that guy is going to be huge.

[ 11-14-2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-14-2002, 11:51 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Old 11-14-2002, 11:56 AM   #26
WillowIX
Apophis

johnny you have no say in this! You only go to matches because they serve beer or in Canada bear. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2002, 11:57 AM   #27
Ace of Spades
The Magister

Yeah, the Avs got off to a rough start at home -- took them nine games to win at home. But they're over that hurdle now. And unlike many teams that start out great and peter out at the end, the Avs always come on strong at the end of the season. I think they'll be contenders.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:00 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
johnny you have no say in this! You only go to matches because they serve beer or in Canada bear. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
They serve bears in Canadian hockeydomes ? I HAVE to go there someday.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:42 PM   #29
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I'm going to the Vancouver - L.A. game tonight!!!!!!!!!!! whoo whoo!! i'm pumped, c'mon Canucks you have to rip it up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I think i'm going to take all my clothes off and streak onto the ice.. hopefully i don't knock myself out..
Old 11-14-2002, 02:47 PM   #30
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
I'm going to the Vancouver - L.A. game tonight!!!!!!!!!!! whoo whoo!! i'm pumped, c'mon Canucks you have to rip it up for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I think i'm going to take all my clothes off and streak onto the ice.. hopefully i don't knock myself out..
If you do and I'm watching that game. I'll knock myself out.