Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 10:13 AM   #31
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
you're getting mite popular today Saz...
orders are piling up!

Indeed they are!

Animation IS a bit of a bear, isn't it? As far as the animated text goes, as long as I can find a background of suitable color and texture for what the person's wanting, I can animated it through the text without any problem (well, little or no prob. I generally can knock one of those out in 30 mins). But merging in the animated pics is a bear, keeping them centered and all.

Animation Shop (comes free with Paint Shop Pro) is great for doing this, and I think Adobe Photoshop 6.0 comes with ImageReady as well, which helps doing web animations. I have both, but I still revert to PSP since I'm still just learning Photoshop. (Actually, as far as retouching goes, I use Photoshop for that, but I still use PSP to slap things together).

I also use some of the plugins, like Blade Pro and Eye Candy (terrific effects you can get with those!)

Thanks,

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 10:14 AM   #32
Epona
Zartan

Saz,
If you're on a sig roll (is that anything like a sausage roll?) and if we're allowed 2 pictures in our sig, would you mind doing me a nice 'Epona' to go with my existing picture? Just the name, no pic necessary, no need to merge with existing pic either.

Just for some inspiration, Epona is a celtic horse goddess (but please no frolicking ponies). Appropriate colours would IMO be orange, gold, russet (autumnal colours) or violet and blue (like sapphire or lapiz lazuli, gemstone colours). Or a mixture of all of those colours.

But only if you've got time!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 10:17 AM   #33
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Saz,
If you're on a sig roll (is that anything like a sausage roll?) and if we're allowed 2 pictures in our sig, would you mind doing me a nice flashing 'Epona' to go with my existing picture?

Just for some inspiration, Epona is a celtic horse goddess (but please no frolicking ponies). Appropriate colours would IMO be orange, gold, russet (autumnal colours) or violet and blue (like sapphire or lapiz lazuli, gemstone colours).

But only if you've got time!

Oh, I'd be delighted to, Epona! I've got scads of really cool red, orange, and yellow backdrops I've been wanting to see what I could do with. I'll give it a go this afternoon (it'll be later evening your time) and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 10:22 AM   #34
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Oh, I'd be delighted to, Epona! I've got scads of really cool red, orange, and yellow backdrops I've been wanting to see what I could do with. I'll give it a go this afternoon (it'll be later evening your time) and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,

That would be great! Many thanks!

EDITING: I'm at a class tonight though, so if you post an idea up today, don't be worried if I don't reply straight away!

------------------

Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 10:26 AM   #35
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
That would be great! Many thanks!

EDITING: I'm at a class tonight though, so if you post an idea up today, don't be worried if I don't reply straight away!

No prob, Epona! Just check back on this thread (since it seems to have evolved into mine and Adam W's sig workshop ) Do you have any special requests for a font style, or do you want "pot luck"? I'm pretty good at matching up fonts with people, but if you have a preference, do let me know.

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 10:31 AM   #36
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
[B] No prob, Epona! Just check back on this thread (since it seems to have evolved into mine and Adam W's sig workshop ) Do you have any special requests for a font style, or do you want "pot luck"? I'm pretty good at matching up fonts with people, but if you have a preference, do let me know.

[B]
Pot luck sounds good! Not sure which fonts I like, but nothing too narrow.

------------------

Old 10-15-2001, 11:14 AM   #37
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Pot luck sounds good! Not sure which fonts I like, but nothing too narrow.

Don't worry...I hate working with narrow! You can't get any good effects with narrow fonts.

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 11:30 AM   #38
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

if there's any particular font you're looking for, there's lots of them!
I just downloaded a few new font styles!
F's font is in Bard font

ok found a nice celtic font

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 01:25 PM   #39
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

bumping this up for Saz....
had this font for a while... will send if you want it

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
The Host of Sigs
Old 10-15-2001, 01:27 PM   #40
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
if there's any particular font you're looking for, there's lots of them!
I just downloaded a few new font styles!
F's font is in Bard font

ok found a nice celtic font
first one is a bad one.. phooey!

Saz have fun

Wow.

------------------