Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-27-2001, 05:51 PM   #21
Moiraine
Anubis

Good night Ramon, and good luck in your new flat, 'til you come back.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-27-2001, 05:56 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Turbo! Here you are! LOL...I just emailed you to join us! And I haven't seen our thief...sniffle...hope he shows up soon!

Top down on the Ghia, huh? And I missed it! Whooo! But uh, sounds like you better be a careful mage, or you could end up on KP duty if you tick off a certain ladywife!

Ramon...oh, ok...off the hook for now..but I'm watching you! Do hope your move is smooth this weekend and that we see you back on the board and email soon!

LadyZekke- So B & W is worth the trouble, you think?

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Hey Hey LW! glad to be back! I almost forgot what it was like to take the car out, put the top down and drive along the beach. It has been raining on and off until about two weeks ago when the sun came out with a vengeance. Had plenty a young sexy girl come up and ask me for a ride until the wife unleashed her disatisfaction with the whole idea .

I really miss my girl (the dolphin). I go down and spend time with her when I can. It interferes with the new handler's authority with the animal, but I'm the boss now so he can't really say nothing to me and everyone knows my dolphin loves me. She's had several handlers through her 20 some odd years, but most of the senior guys said I had a special bond with her and she really responded to tasking under my control. Oh well time comes to move on I guess.

How's the whole house thing going? all moved in and settled?

What??!! You have a place where you can drive ON the beach? Or am I mistaken? I imagine Ghia isn't good in sand eh? Your sentence just reminded me of last summer wherein we were able to take a 4-wheel drive out literally on the beach (there are areas on the Outer Banks, N.C. wherein you can literally drive right in the water! With the top down on the jeep, it was a real blast! Of course, it was at night, and we almost hit a few drunks hanging out on the beach! Whoopsie! Funny, cause we saw some idiots out there in a mini van and they got stuck. Good luck getting help soon out there!!

That is good that you can still interact with your girl, as you apparently are the new handler's boss? teehee! Dolphins I have heard are very intelligent, and so I can easily understand you and her developing an affection for eachother. So is she in some kind of training, or will she be eventually set free? Just curious.

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 06:01 PM   #24
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
LW,

Oh, these graphic card incompatibility problems, they can be most annoying: there was one game, SimCity 3000, which I had waited for like for no other, and then it was completely unplayable for me because of such a problem.

Well, the flat is okay, actually a little bigger than the current, the rent is average, the kitchen is pretty small which is unfortunate in a shared flat as it usaually serves also as the room for socializing. There is a major road nearby, so there is some noise, but not too bad. The area is otherwise quiet and rather pleasant and it is only a fifteen minutes walk to the city center. Ah, and my new flatmate seems genuinely nice.

I am running right on schedule for the move on Sunday, but that will only stay that way if I go to bed - now ! Sorry, another hit and run on you.

Sounds like things are looking good re the new flat. Glad to hear it. No problem you having to run, as I know what time it is in your land! Goodnight and I will see you again next time!

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 06:03 PM   #25
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Hi Everyone,
I did some reading, Icewind Dale Trilogy (still reading it actually), started BG2 over and then started playing Black and White. I also checked Stealthy's site regularly and kept hoping that this board would be back up soon. Glad to see that we're back in operation.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-27-2001, 06:06 PM   #26
turbovee
Elminster

LW - we can't drive on the beach persay as we drive on the pavement that runs along the beach. Don't think I would be to pleased trying to get all the sand from out of my engine

the dolphins could never be released into the wild as they have been in captivity for too long and wouldn't have the instinct to survive. They are fairly happy anyway, and when they are retired from service they go to a retirement home (Sea World) to chill out, play and eat fish all day. Sea world has a huge facility and we only retire one dolphin about every 3 years so they never get to overcrowded.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-27-2001, 06:13 PM   #27
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Errrr..... not a lot
In order (ish);
Finished BG2 1 and a half times (got half way through, then went from there twice), did far more studying than I've done for a long time, met a few friends I haven't seen for a while, moved back up to Nottingham for the start of a new term, had the flu.
(Obviuosly somethings were better than others.)

But throughout - MISSED THE IRONWORKS.
(ps looked at a few other boards to see what had happened, and well.... I won't say anymore)
Old 04-27-2001, 06:18 PM   #28
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Weeeelll...

in a bizarre turn of coincidences, the ISP where my domain is housed went bankrupt over the last couple of weeks. (They used to be my old dialup ISP...and I changed companies to get DSL only a bare 3 days before the old one went belly up!! Talk about close). So I've been doing the monkey scramble like Ziroc did to find a new host (which I now have...I'm just waiting for the DNS to move it's laggy self and point to the new host). Fortunately, the old site is still functioning (miraculously) but I don't want to do anything to it as I have everything backed up onto a CD-ROM and don't feel like reburning anything. So until everything settles down, I'm in cyber-limbo. The worst part is that Network Solutions (i.e. InterNIC) still has my old e-mail address (the one at the downed ISP) and trying to get them to change it...well, I think it's easier to deal with the government. I'd rather try to pass a bill through Congress than deal with InterNIC again. So I'm hoping everything will go through before the old site goes down. Right now, it feels like a race against the clock.

Old 04-27-2001, 06:23 PM   #29
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
LW - we can't drive on the beach persay as we drive on the pavement that runs along the beach. Don't think I would be to pleased trying to get all the sand from out of my engine

the dolphins could never be released into the wild as they have been in captivity for too long and wouldn't have the instinct to survive. They are fairly happy anyway, and when they are retired from service they go to a retirement home (Sea World) to chill out, play and eat fish all day. Sea world has a huge facility and we only retire one dolphin about every 3 years so they never get to overcrowded.

HAHA! Yes, I was thinking to myself "Just cannot picture clean and neat Turbovee taking the Ghia out for some rough riding! And yes, the sand THE SAND! As I said, it just reminded me of my "adventure" on the beach last summer. I mean, there was a huge sign there saying "Four Wheel Drive Vehicles Only" and I thought it odd that someone would take a brand new, shiny red, mini-van (well, as best as a Mini-Van can look anyways ) into the sand AND water. Who knows what happened to those people. As I said, they got stuck, but we just wizzed on past them laughing gleefully. Bad yes, but hey, I wasn't driving and the people with me were insane. We had six people in that jeep. Packed like so many sardines. Me and my sister-in-law actually shared the front bucket passenger seat. Bad idea. I got scrunched bad. She weighs quite a lot more than me! She was also completely drunk and kept standing up, then sitting down (scrunch!), then standing up, etc. and doing that stupid cackle that reminds me of Zeena the Warrior Princess. Quite an experience.

So how did your girl wind up in captivity do you know?

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 06:30 PM   #30
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Stared blankly at "The page cannot be displayed", Eyes glazed over, mumbled to self. While my wife walked by saying "what's wrong dear can't find any friends to come out and play" Now that we're back up and running I secretly plannig the demis of those reponsible, I had sucessfuly avoided a Honey-do list longer than my arm. But, no the website goes down and I'm mowing the lawn, trimming hedges,changing oil,washing the dogs,washing the cats, toting stuff here and there, taking out the trash, lord I even cleaned the toilet

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 04-27-2001).]