Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Started replaying Might and Magic 6 a week or two ago... and it's *amazing* how I suddenly seem to lose track of time when I'm playing! I'm kind of glad I'm on the road this week because I have a better than average chance of getting to sleep before 2AM [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not quite sure what the game has that does that to me, but it's something I haven't seen for a while in the newer games that have been coming out.

Anyone else have gaming experiences like this lately? Just curious....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I got hooked on the 256 colour remake of the original Quest for Glory a while back. And Hexen still blows my mind.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:05 AM   #3
the mighty stamar

Ive been replaying heroes of might and magic 3, with the sword of death add on which is new to me.

totally addicting
when heroes and mm were at their height they were what was happening.

I never did play mm 6 btw just 7 and 8 maybe i should someday
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:36 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Bungleau, your mm6 got any music? I've tried to replay mine but only got sound ( footstep , spells , yells etc ) but no music.

Currently I'm replaying mm8 ( no problem with this game ). Now going to regna to destroy pirates ships.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:53 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I do have music, Kakero. Just reinstalled it a couple of weeks ago and did a full install, applying the 1.2 patch with the 1.1 DaveO fix. I forget the details, but there's something that's broken in the 1.2 patch that the 1.1 .exe file will fix.

I'm anxious to get home tonight for the first chance to play in almost a week. I'm in February and just made the Wizard ascension.... the knight, druid, and cleric are still waiting for their ascensions.

Have fun in Regna! Kind of neat how it stays hidden until the end...
-+-+-+
Old 09-23-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
Lucern
Quintesson

hah, M&M games creep me out with the character graphics changing as they get poisoned, cursed, etc. I can see where you Wizards and Warriors fans cut your teeth though [img]smile.gif[/img] (or maybe sharpened them?)

I do this frequently Bungleau. It shows us that graphics, sound, multiplayer aspects aren't the end-all for gaming. I recently played Betrayal at Krondor, Quest for Glory 1 EGA (So, Sever wants to be a Hero too?), and Death Knights of Krynn.

If I could afford to lose the time, I'd reinstall Master of Magic and subsequently lose chunks of 4-5 hours and not even realize it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

i LOVE mm6... i'm replaying it, too.
go to Redneck's MM6 Tavern and get Mok's patch. it helps with the sound problem.

the only thing i wish is that the mm6 in-game taverns had arcomage. [img]tongue.gif[/img] mm7 spoiled me forever. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

V***V

MM6 Tavern: http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/mm6tavern.html

[ 09-24-2005, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 09-25-2005, 12:12 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yea, Arcomage! One of the most fun games within a game that ever existed!

You guys know the history of that? In case you don't, rumor has it that the 3DO developers were spending a lot of time playing Arcomage, so they decided to stick it into the game and make a quest out of it. There was so much demand for it that they brought it out as a stand-alone game...

And I know what you mean about the faces [img]smile.gif[/img] Just finished Ethric's Tomb, and all four characters were diseased. All green and nasty... yeeuk! Had to run over to the Baa temple to get 'em healed, I did... we've got fly now, so travel is much easier. And as soon as we can, we'll get to water master and dump our gatemaster NPC...
-+-+-+
Old 09-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ahh..Arcomage. I remember I was one of the poster in 3do community board who wanted 3do to make Arcomage a stand alone game.

Careful of going to temple of baa for healing, it'll lower your reputation. Not good if you are going for saintly status in order to master light magic.

I'm now going to the elemental places. However, the sudden feeling of " been there done that " now strikes me. Maybe I should stop for a while.

Btw, what do you do if an area respawn? Do you go ahead and clear it or do you just leave it? Or do you cast Armageddon? Shadowspire critters just respawned and I'm very tempted to use Armageddon to clear the whole place out.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

shadowspire? [img]tongue.gif[/img] nuke 'em. respawns there are a pain.

*remembers*
the first time i EVER played, i found the stables and the nice man offered to take my level 1 group to shadowspire. i was happy that we could travel around and took him up on the offer. lol! we were massacred the minute we got there. it took a LONG time before i trusted the stablemaster ever again.

V***V