Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

First of all, how does alignment governs the game? Does race also dictates the way the game starts?

Anything else you desire to tell me (even minor spoils)... fell free to do so.

Thank you very much.
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:31 AM   #2
the mighty stamar

The alignment influence on the game is vastly overratted.

Depending on what alignment your party is, you may start in the unfinished and bugged evil town as opposed to the good town. To talk to the same meaningless npcs in a different order.

Right at creation, there are 8 different little prologues based on alignment. They are all pointless and you never hear about them again or the npcs mentioned in them.

Some of the monsters in the 4 level dungeon will have different things to say to evil characters. This will give you different sub quests possibly. There are evil npcs to join you.

Not too much difference to the whole game about race. If there is I cant recall it.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:15 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Alignment is not to forget a forceful factor in the game regarding the game mechanics. Restrictions, damage taken choice of spells etc...

Other then a few starting locations and some small choices along the road however there is not much of it. A classic paladin trap, yepp lets all take a step back and laugh at the paladin. He can't drink beer in this game but he can go out and massacre everything with one or more legs... Yihaa...

Pretty pointless, they should have tried to make a better subquest list and a less flawed game to begin with. If you can disregard the obvious flaws and play it like an IWD game though, you can have some fun with it.

Good luck and I hope you will enjoy it!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 05:18 AM   #4
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

one or more legs? what about something like a beholder or a naga. they don't have any [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

How many legs are you trying to pull?

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #6
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

The most important complaint I have about the game is that it is quite emotionless. I could not find the same adventuring spirit of Icewind Dale, even less the deeppening sensations of Baldur's Gate...

Even though, I thank all of you.
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote