Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 05:16 PM   #1
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need a bit of input on who and what to take to spellhold.
SPOILER
Ok, I've done just about everything in chapter 2. Kangaxx is still alive, if that 's the right word. I haven't topped the Red Dragon, and there's a couple of NPC sidequests I haven't even gotten to - a bit boring now.
I've finished the guild wars (I sided with the Shadow Thieves) and am supposed to go to spellhold now.
My party at present is:
Me (Ranger) level 13
Minsc level 13
Jaheira level 11/13
Korgan level 10
Aerie level 11/12
Jan level 11/12 (about to level up as thief)
I've got just about every bit of armour and weaponry money can buy (well, I used the master thievery buy-sell to get a lot of it!!)
the only weaponry left as far as I know lies with the Red Dragon and Kangaxx.
So is this party ok for Spellhold? and what do I need to take with me - weapons armour, potions etc.
I'm not looking for a walkthrough here, just don't wnat to turn up on the beach without my swimming trunks!!
Old 05-28-2001, 05:22 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

BIG SPOILER QUESTION:
DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR PART OF THE STORY...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
For your party........it all depends on whether or not you are going to take Imoen back into your party. Do you intend to take Imoen back into your party?
The reason I asked this is that once you are in Spellhold, you will be given the opportunity to have Imoen back, BUT at the same time if it is a party of 6 you will have to leave 1 person behind, and this person cannot go back onto mainland legitly.
As for what to take to Spellhold, grab bunch of potion of extra healing and several restoration scrolls will be VERY helpful.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-28-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the info - I'd seen a couple of posts saying that you get Imoen back, didn't realise I had to leave someone. gotta go think now!!
Old 05-28-2001, 05:30 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

When you get to spellhold or before dump jan for imoen and you should kill firkrang he makes the best armour in the game, bring some scrolls so imoen can scribe them

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 12:04 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually I believe that you can leave someone in Brynnlaw, who will actually go back to Athkatla. That way you can do all of Brynnlaw's quests with a full party, then face Irenicus and get Imoen back.
SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Most of the encounter with Irenicus is just talk and talk and talk and no action. By the time you have to see any fighting, you'll have Imoen back, so dont think you're going into Spellhold with your pants around your ankles. It doesnt really matter how many people there are in your party at the time.

------------------
Why?
Old 05-29-2001, 12:07 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Better warn him before it is too late though, I know many ppl don't keep much save games around. The quick save usually get over-written rather quickly.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 12:13 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

SPOILERS:
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
I always take at least one scroll case full of scrolls for Imoen to write in her little spell book, plus equipment for her to use, usually that bow in Trademeet that doesn't require ammo, plus that robe of the good archmagi, which you can also get in trademeet. That way no one has to go without until we get back to brynlaw. Other than that, it's not all that hard there, except right as you arrive. More will be revealed.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH