Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-09-2000, 07:54 PM   #1
gamalost

Importing a BG1 thief into a new multi-player game. I'm liking both the assassin and swashbuckler. Just wondering what everyone's take was on these two, and the bountyhunter too.

Thanks!

Old 11-09-2000, 09:43 PM   #2
nimzo
Welcomed New User

Of course it's all a matter of personal taste, but as I have quite an affection with very low ACs and never did use the backstab ability as much as I probably should have, I am more partial to the swashbuckler.

You should consider getting your swashbuckler up to around 11th level and then dual classing to mage. It's a powerful combination.
Old 11-10-2000, 12:53 AM   #3
Overton

i agree. The Swashbuckler is great. I never backstab anyway, plus i was able to get him better AC than most of my fighters, especially after i got the Black Dragon Armor. only thing i don't like is he can't wear a helmet and the hps are kinda low, so you can be critically hit and not last toe to toe with some of the bigger opponents. But you still can specialize in weapons, use dual weapon proficiency up to three points, and get the theives guild strong hold (Which made me pretty good loot)

Old 11-10-2000, 11:46 AM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah I'm the same as Nimzo. My favourite is definitely the swashbuckler. I'm the type that likes good old hand to hand combat over anything else so I never use backstab. Could never be bothered really. So I think losing it and gaining all of those combat bonuses is a fair trade. I pretty much just use him as a straight thief ie steal things and deal with locks and traps so having full thieves points is good. Remember the bounty hunter and the asassin both suffer penalties to their thieves skills and their advantages aren't worth the loss.