Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-01-2001, 05:56 AM   #1
Zbyszek

I am starting new thread because I dont see any future in questions are right wings right wings, are you left or rigth and so one.

Are you selfish? When the time comes and you have to say my family or my neighbours, my city or capitol (unless you live in capitol, I believe generally people do not like capitols - because in capitols there is power, money etc), my country or another? In Shadows of Arms you have to pass test, if you are selfish it is supposed you are evil. Could you give up your religion, your patriotism, your wealth? Are you selfish?

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:"We hold these truths to be self evident;thet all man are created equal."
I have a dream thatone day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream ...
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains, and he crooked places will be straight, and the glory of Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
This is our hope. This is faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.
..."

Oops, it is not my dream, this is Martin's. My dream is a part of his dream.
I want my children to live in peace, to play with arab, negro, chinese children. I want my grandchildren to breath fresh air, to swim in lakes. I want that all children could finish schools, read books, watch TV (maybe not MTV, but it is not the point), I want to spare them the poverty and hunger. I want to spare them slavery. Is it possible? Why I dont ask for freedom, for brotherhood? I dont believe in freedom. I dont believe the mankind is responsible to gain freedom. I doubt if we can join brotherhood, we are too selfish, egoistic.

Do you say that you are not against islam only terrorism? Read this:
I believe there are three problems right now in the world: birth rate, wealth distribution and consumption rate.
Birth control: I believe that there are about 2 billions people living in southern Asia right now (not counting China). India: over 1 billion, Indonesia: 200 millions, Philipines almost 100 millions, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia ...
Do you know what is their birth rate? About 20 parts per thousand. (In 70ties birth rate in India was 23/1000 but using birth rate control they lowered it to 20/2000.) It is simle math. Let us assume constant rate: in 6 years there will be 250 millions people in that area more, i 21 years 1 billion (together 3 billions) in 36 years the number of people will double. Let think a little bit about - do they have job, education right now? Is enough food for them? And in 20 years? Half year ago I met some guy from Malaysia (at University in Australia by the way), he told me that in his village nobody has job!
What was your reaction when Australian gov. refused to take 400 Indonesian and Afghanistan refugees from norwegian ship - Tampa? Do you think they should take them? Should Australia take 1000 refugees, 100000 refugees? 1 million? 20 millions? They will become another province of Indonesia. Is it Austarlian fault that Indonesians breed themselves without moderation? Wealty people have small amount of children because they want to spare their wealth, poor people dont think about future of their children they are breeding poverty! Whom will people in Indonesia blaim for their poverty in 20 years, their parents?, government? People very seldom blaim themselves, they will blaim rich peoples. Part of this people will come as immigrants to western countries are we able to take them all?
Another idea just crossed my mind - we are suicidal (western charity organizations) we give food to refugees in Palestina, in Pakistan. These people have no job, no education, nothing to do: they see their poverty and wealth of western countries, they reproduce only. In Palestina the second generation born in camps is grown right now, we feed them, does they thank us? they have been told to hate us. They are trained to be terrorist. The best terrorist in Israel comes from refugee camps. Where are Talibans roots? in Islamic schools in refugee camps. We are suicidal. We should give them no food but conraceptives first.
Lets go back to souther Asia? Do you think that these countries will survive. I think they will collapse one day, because of famine, extremism. Hundred thousands will be slaughterd, millions will die in femine, from diseases. Tens of millions will storm west countries.
I am saying: IF you plan to have more than two babies you are terrorist, very one who has three or more children is a terrorist. They generate poverty.
I believe that if there would be 1 - 2 billions people we could share our wealth.
India: over 1 billion people. My fried was there, I have seen some movies: in country they eat everything they can, they chop every tree to boil meal. Do you think that any mammal greater than rat will survive there?
Have you heard about the conference in Rio de Janeiro? about the Kyoto agreements (reduction of industy gasses emissions). Do you know the US had not and will not sign it? Because it means costs, they have recession so they have to increase consumption rate to boost the economy. They are chopping down trees. They cant care for environment, they are selfish, they are terrorists - they think only about now. Increased consumption - a cure for problems. Do you need to consume so much? we are wasting a good deal of anything: food, clothes. Do we need new car every 3 years? Do we need to eat whales (Japanese like it - there is freedom, they can), do we need to consume so much?
I have heard voices that western economy needs immigrants to preserve wealth of thier societies. We are growing old and need someone to work for us. It means that each generation has be more numerous than previos one. Is it OK? I am saying that our economical system is sick.
I have read that in 50 years Germans will be a minority in Germany! Big part of immigrants in Germany are muslims. In 60 years they can change Germany to muslim country with shariat low etc. if they want - there is democracy, freedom. It means thet majority terrorize minority - I am sick of democration.
You know what is the problem with Northern Ireland now? It is not IRA. Why? Unionists (protestants) have lost, and they know it. They know that democracy means their lost - they have positions now and they want to preserve them. The catholics are poorer and have more children. In 20, 30 years there will be more voting catholics then protestants. It is simple I choose my people. Catholics vote for catholics party. Unionists are afraid.
I am also afraid. In 20 - 40 years my dream can wanish just because people will vote they dont want to have white christians in the world. I am white, I am christian, I am minority. People in Asia and Africa see: there are so many of us and we posses so little, there are so few of them and they have everything. Where is justice? Islam is so popular, because it says there is injustice in the world. It promises justice to poor. If they are uneducated, live in poverty in slums, refugee camps they will belive they can take their share of the world.
So to reduce number of unsatisfied and poor we have to reduce total number of people because it is obvious that the world capacity and number of goods is limited.

How to introduce birth control? It is impossible, no religion will agree, no country will allow to introduce total birth control by foreign organization. Why? It is their ammo. All religions prefer poor followers, they reproduce quickly, they have no education, they can be told to listen, they have faith, they can be thrown to flood the world. All religions support terrorism.

People are not ready for freedom. The only way to preserve our future is total control over entire population. Total birth control. Only in such system we are able to distibute wealth better then today. Does it sound like totalitarism?, you dont like that sound?, if you prefer muezzin call from minaret it is up to you. As we know mankind as a sum of of all people is irresponsible. Only inviduals are responsible, they have to take responsibility and make a step.
Have you read The Postman by David Brin? There is a man George P... - he is patriot, he doesnt want to help, but he feels responsible. Have you read novel written by R.R. Martin "Manna from Heaven"? have you read "Beggars and choosers" by Nancy Kres? Tuf and Miranda. There are individuals who feel responsible. They dont care about human rights, democracy, they care about the future. They dont ask for permission, they dont care if anyone says how dare you?, Who gave you right to do it? They forced their view upon entire planet.
I believe that the totalitarism is our destiny, we are not able to intoduce brotherood. We are devastating our planet, we are reproducing without control - this will bring as to an edge of destruction. Have you read " The Unpossessed" by Ursula Le Guin? The ambasador of Terra thinks that plaet Urras is a paradise - they still have trees, fresh water. She came from completely devastated Earth where total control over everything was the only chance for humankind to survive. In contrast, for Shevok Urras is a hell (looks similar to Earth right now), he comes from Annares. But we are not ready for Annares. We are not ready to share. We are selfish.
Unfortunatelly we have taken course for destruction. We are selfish. No birth control is possible, and will not be possible untill it will be too late. Only inviduals can change it by means of biologic or genetic weapon. Do you feel responsible?

When I hear jihaad I say nuke them. Blast them away before they will blast us. I am selfish, I am Paladin, I am fascist.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:42 AM   #2
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

I fear you are being a little over simplistic about the reasons for high birth rates in third world countries. I have been a family planning doctor and have taken an interest in issues like this for decades. Using children as a "weapon" to out populate the "white christain minority" is really a very, very small part of it. The biggest issues are

* Children are you life insurance policy anmd your pension fund. In countries with no social security you need plenty of adult children to support oyu when you grow old.

* Contraception costs money. What may seem like a very small sumn to us can be a coulpe of months income for many people. By 3rd world standards condoms are expensive. The governments in these countries can't afford to dish it out for free.

* 3rd world children die. When half your babies dont reach the age of five you may choose to have more to ease the pain of losing your children.

------------------

MYTH DRANNOR http://vampirelord.proboards.com/ind...er=vampirelord
Old 10-01-2001, 07:19 AM   #3
Zbyszek

Generally I dont care for any minority, even white christian. Some parts of my previous text were supposed to be sarcastic - selfish.
That insurance point - hell this is important: this is how our economy/social life/religion is organized, we have to have more people every generation - And I oppose that. There are limits. We have crossed already some of them. There are a few gorillas, whales are disappearing. In a few generations we will devastate our globe. Can you imagine what will happen when countries will fall? It will be like domino. No country is ready to take millions of refugees - it will be like domino in Asia or Africa. Are you ready to dig trench aroud your country and shoot anyone approaching? If they will be desperate enough they will prevail. And if we succed to destroy climate? Billions will die.

I have faith in mankind, but rats should survive.

PS. I am not talking about condoms. Yesterday I have seen in TV UN trucks with food coming againg to Afghanistan. Sacks of flour with labels: USA. I am talking about spiced food. We feed them to have more of them to feed in next year.
Old 10-01-2001, 10:39 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I'll make it short. I believe that if you decide to leave your country because it's so bad there, that you should have no problem adopting your new country beliefs. In other words, if you want to wear turbans in the army or in the police force (just on exemple in a sea of others), stay where you are, I don't want you in my country.

Western civilization is so tangled in the beliefs that human rights and liberty must prevail that we have set ourselves in a downward spiral that will cause the end of us. Our civilization basicly invites them to take over. You know what, since we're that stupid, maybe they should take over and end our idiotic way of life.

Just a though

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 10-02-2001, 03:17 AM   #5
Zbyszek

No other responses? Do you think I am wrong, stupid, blind and it would be waste of time to reply? Do you agree? Or just have no time to read so long notes? (thanks Ryanamur and kiwidoc for your time)

Do you see problems I believe we have?
Old 10-02-2001, 03:43 AM   #6
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Am I in the Twighlight Zone?

I consider myself to be of at least average intelligence, but damned if I can't make it through this thread without scratching my head!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-02-2001, 05:07 PM   #7
G'kar

Overpopulation and hunger are our challenges for the future. During pre/early industrial age history, only a century or two before and in the third-world now, families grow larger because the family unit relies on a home-grown workforce to manage daily life. It is an aspect of primarily economy, not race or religion necessarily. We have plenty of space on our planet and the great thinkers that will manage a larger world population haven't even graduated high school yet. We can choose, as individuals, to live in a way today that proliferates solutions to our problems, or An individual can choose to be selfish and deny any responiblity of the problem(s) themselves, Giving up the choice to solve problems, perhaps becoming part of a different problem. Each individual Makes his or her choice is my point here, and everyone has a choice, even if they dont really know it.

Everyone already has freedom, even in a facist state. One can choose freely to leave a facist state, and take upon the challenges that go along with such a course of action. One can choose to hide state prohibited activities, like millions of pot smokers do now world wide. It is freedom with concessions. Ultimatly we are all free to die as well, just not necessarily at the time and place of our choosing. It is thelevel of personal responibility we take with our freedom that makes it the benificial ideal that FREEDOM is. Without a measure of responsibility, our freedom is a bane to some and hidden to others. A few take their freedom and run free.

I have a dream as well, one that I continiually see realized, by stage and degree. This dream is the dream of Martin Luther King jr. Respect, Tolerance, Understanding, Peace. Im little less eloquent than Rev. King but I get his idea.
A great example: The Pope visits muslim majority countries, draws crowds, and is greeted by heads of state. I didnt like the pope that much before, because my perspective was biased by history and my core values, that are quite opposite to the popes dogma. Now, I have my philosophical differences with the pope and the religous ideals of his church, but his travels to non-catholic and all other nations represent the ideals I have already characterised. They are manifest by his actions, not his dogma per se, and by the reception he recieves, particually in Muslim/Islamic majority Nations. After all the Phrophet Muhammed himself was sheltered by Christians at one time according to the Koran.

We are all on this planet/boat together, and if its sink or bail, I'm gonna grab a bucket.

Old 10-02-2001, 05:54 PM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
I am starting new thread because I dont see any future in questions are right wings right wings, are you left or rigth and so one.

Zbyszek hiya, just wanted to say briefly - if you want more comment (and you will get it!) I advise maybe not to post quite such long posts! It is a lot for someone to digest at one time, never mind answer, and maybe some people only have a short time to chat, and don't want to spend all their time on one post.

You raise some VERY interesting points, some of which I agree with, many of which I don't.... all of which I would like to discuss at some point! So, don't feel that we are not interested, we are, or at least, I am, just a bit overwhelmed!

PS. My father was born in Poland, in a small village near Krakov. He came to England after the second world war.

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination OR Paws R Us
Old 10-02-2001, 06:07 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

I just wanna say, nice post.

I didnt read the first one, it looked to detailed, and I was short of time.

but to post that deserves a medal.
Old 10-02-2001, 06:44 PM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:

Have you heard about the conference in Rio de Janeiro? about the Kyoto agreements (reduction of industy gasses emissions). Do you know the US had not and will not sign it? Because it means costs, they have recession so they have to increase consumption rate to boost the economy. They are chopping down trees. They cant care for environment, they are selfish, they are terrorists - they think only about now. Increased consumption - a cure for problems. Do you need to consume so much? we are wasting a good deal of anything: food, clothes. Do we need new car every 3 years? Do we need to eat whales (Japanese like it - there is freedom, they can), do we need to consume so much?
I have heard voices that western economy needs immigrants to preserve wealth of thier societies. We are growing old and need someone to work for us. It means that each generation has be more numerous than previos one. Is it OK? I am saying that our economical system is sick. .
Zbyszek - ok, don't agree with a lot of the above, yes, we have a population problem.... agree with you on that, however, find your root cause analysis somewhat simplistic.

However, good point on economics! You are absolutely right, and to my mind this is the most fatal flaw in economic theory (and practice.) Our system is based on growth. The most 'successful' countries are those with the biggest growth in GDP. Unfortunately, this is horrendous news for the planet. More and more and more of us consuming more and more. Yup, go out and consume more for your country. It's your patriotic duty to do so.

This may work short term FOR SOME, but in the long term it is death for all of us. Anyone with a solution, throw it this way. I have a theory, but it's long, and it's late, and I'm going to bed.

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination OR Paws R Us