Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-03-2001, 09:29 AM   #201
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by waverider:
how do you get 1000 post you have to a hole year to get that many

Not so my good friend
You only have to be Spamalicious
It took me about 6 months to get to my rank right now but i need to cut down on my spam methinks

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:30 AM   #202
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by waverider:
how do you get 1000 post you have to a hole year to get that many

Well.. It's all about posting, but I only posted helping people. Other people (read: Kaz, Lioness) who have arrived way later than I did, have got more posts than I do.. That's pretty strange...

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-03-2001, 09:55 AM   #203
Link
Jack Burton

I'm a bit worried, Kaz. Are you still here, or not? And where are those pizza's!!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-03-2001, 10:23 AM   #204
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Yeah DragonMage. I was born in the Netherlands, in Rotterdam to be exactly. I dunno where I got that interest from. I did make a paper about killer whales once, and I was fascinated about them immediately. A profession with which you can work with killer whales is marine biology, so I guess that's where I got it from.
My fascination came from two things: hearing whale song when I was a kid; and an experience I had while on the Atlantic when my family went to Hilton Head when I was a kid: I was in raft (2-man river raft-type thing) floating along, minding my own business and watching the sky. When next I looked up, I had caught a bit of a current and was VERY far from shore. I got VERY scared (I'd already seen Jaws). I had a frisbee in the raft with me because we'd been playing frisbee on the shore and I had then employed it as a paddle to play around in the water (15 feet from shore). Now, it was a paddle for REAL and I was using to try to get me back. The next thing I know, I see dark dorsal fins and, of course, my first instinct is: SHARK! But I had the presence of mind to see these weren't shark fins. They must have been dolphins or porpoises. They started gently bumping the raft from seaward and actually started easing me back to shore!!! One of the coolest experiences I've ever had! They bumped me until I was about 50 feet from shore and I 'paddled' the rest of the way in. To this day, I still have no clue if they were just playing with the raft, but I will always believe that they somehow knew I was in trouble and were trying to help.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-03-2001, 10:32 AM   #205
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Move along, everyone!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003811.html

Fresh coffee and croissants at the new location!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."