Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 05-23-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agreed to help minsc find his friend but i cant find the way into the gnolls castle.Where is it?
Old 05-23-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

It's in the very bottom-left corner of the gaming map. Head left from Nashkel, and keep heading left through a couple of wilderness areas, and you should run into it.

The map has an area that's cordoned off by a river, or something similar, in this corner and it's one of two areas in that section of the gaming map. Sorry I can't be more specific, been years since I played it, once you get adjacent to that section, it should show up fine on the world map.

[ 05-23-2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I know where the castle itself is,im there at the moment.Its the way into th castle i cant find,theres no doors,underground passages and i cant rest either becuase if i do minsc has a paddy and tries to kill me.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:01 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
The Gnoll stronghold is an entirely exterior area (except for a few Xvart caves).

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Dynaheir is in one of the circular pits on the second or third level up in the stronghold. You must go into the pits to find her as she is not visible from above.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:04 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Oh, go across the bridge, take the left fork and then continue west. There may be another path heading more south, but don't take that one. You should hit a large staircase, walk up that to get to the main level of the castle. There is no 'indoor' part, it's all open air.

You should find two lots of steps heading to a higher level from the main courtyard, go up the ones furthest to the right I think and then she'll be along there. You can walk down into the pits by clicking on the narrow windy path of logs descending into them and you need to do this to them all, because you can't see people inside otherwise.

If she's not at the top, then go back to the main level, head west and there should be steps down to a lower level, repeat the procedure there. Hope that helps
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aah,thanks so much guys,i was worried i was going to have to kill minsc and leave it at that.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

After you get Dynaheir, you may want to go to the SW paths and check out the caves (there are 3 caves). One of them has a very nice item in them, so check it out

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:46 PM   #8
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oo,i didnt know that.I only found 2 caves and none of them had anything worth taking in.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:41 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Oo,i didnt know that.I only found 2 caves and none of them had anything worth taking in.
There's a third cave, just search for it. It's close to the one that's got the Carrior Crawler in it IIRC

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:08 PM   #10
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I found it [img]smile.gif[/img] thanks for the tip