Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-03-2003, 08:42 PM   #31
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Since Cloudy asked that this be dropped, I'll remove my original post with this exception.

Quote:
Originally posted by lil lil:

Should I post my email address here for you so that you can harass me on a daily basis again?

No need. I'll tell you like I told you last time. If you don't contact me again, I won't contact you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just for the harassment record, since you feel some silly need to abuse the term by aiming it at me, I'll remind you that YOU sent me 6 PMs and I sent you 3. I sent you 3 emails and you sent me 2, and I told you the whole time that if you didn't want to talk to me anymore all you had to do was STOP CONTACTING ME...lol. You stopped contacting me and our correspondence ended. It was pretty simple, huh?
[ 06-03-2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 06-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, Ronn, I've posted huge things while others posted too, but let it go NOW, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, does ANYONE care to discuss the fact that the FBI have one of their most wanted in custody? What happens to their list now, does the 11th guy move up to 10th spot or what? (that's a serious question, I always wondered how the figure the 10 most wanted list)
Old 06-03-2003, 09:01 PM   #33
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
To the general IW public, please go BACK to the topic so we can avoid closing the thread. Thanks!
Sounds good to me Cloudy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

CNN ran a story tonight giving new details of exactly HOW Eric Robert Rudolph managed to hide and survive for the last 5 years. According to the report from CNN, Rudolph "warmed up" to the local authorities and began giving details of how he had been living these past 5 years. According to Rudolph, he was living off the land and moving between several different campsites. One of these sites was under a bridge close behind the shopping center where he was captured. This site even had a crude shelter made from scraps of plywood. He said he spent the winters at a campsite a few miles away in Clay County (the next county over).

He survived primarily on acorns, salamanders (ewwwww), and grain he stole from a local silo. He also used a semi-automatic rifle found at one of his campsites to shoot turkeys, deer, and even a bear. Rudolph told the local authorities where his various campsites were located. When he was supplied with a map, he marked the spots of his campsites for the authorities to go search. When they went to the areas he marked, they did find established campsites.

Here is a link to the full story from CNN's website -> Rudolph's 5-Year Camping Trip
Old 06-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #34
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Weird that a person could camp so close to town and not be discovered, huh?

But remember Elizabeth Smart?

She was held in the woods behind her families home for several days during some of the most intense searching, and the searchers were close enough for her to hear them yelling her name on several occasions, but they didn't find her. In fact, they didn't locate the campsite until after she was found.

The key to Rudolph's success is the fact that he was alone. Fortunately, after 5 years on the run he slipped up! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #35
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I don't want to get into any arguments with anyone here. But I will say that I grew up in a small town. I will say that yes, gossip flows in a small town. But then again so does it in a city, probably even more so. But trust me, I didn't know what was going on in the lives of the few neighbors I had back then, I knew some things yes, like who was dating who, etc. (standard gossip from my classmates), but as for things like crimes, well I had no idea re that, no info flowed my way. I imagine if anyone in any small town committed such a huge crime as did Rudolph, he'd do his best to keep it wrapped up.

I don't know who knew what in Murphy, N.C., just as I don't know who has done what in my own home town. All I know is generalizing how people are like in small towns isn't really right. I mean, well to me anyways, it's like saying if I was still living in my home town I grew up in, and a criminal lived there for years, that I knew about him. Cause I'm sure I wouldn't know, for one thing nobody tells me anything LOL, and secondly nobody is dumb enough to tell you they have broken the law. To think that somebody would judge me by my town because it is a small community bothers me. I consider myself an "individual." I do not want to be grouped in because of where I happen to live. Btw, I don't live in my old small town anymore, in the city now (like that's better LOL, it sucks IMO), but I got my fill of "hick" phrases though because I grew up in the sticks, like we are all a bunch of toothless rednecks making moonshine or something. In other words, I guess I just don't want anyone to generalize an entire town, especially if you haven't met every single individual that lives in said town. Cause you'd literally have to do that to come up with an accurate "hypothesis" re who knew what.

I see the word "prejudice" tossed in this thread. Not sure why really. But then again, when you look at the word Prejudice in the dictionary, it says:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

[b](1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics[b]

Again, people who grew up in small towns shouldn't be assumed to be terrorist harboring racists. Yes, maybe family members and some others knew he did it, and was living there, getting away with it scott free! But please, don't say every single person who lived there knew, or at least the majority of the people who lived there knew, that is just unfair.

I hate these kinds of threads. Dunno why I even posted to this tonight, usually I just stay away from argumentative debates on IWs, cause I usually just get blasted or flamed anyways. But I felt I had to add my two cents to this one. I came from a small town, my parents still live there, and by-and-by, it is a nice town, I love it. It is untainted by pollution, and everyone smiles and waves at you when you are in traffic, even though you don't even know eachother! It's a great place, and the majority of us wouldn't harbor any creeps like Ruldolph that's for sure! Actually, the opposite would happen, i.e, if a guy who had done similar crimes as Rudloph tried to saunter back into town, even if he had relatives trying to harbor him, he'd be busted pretty quick. Small town gossip would get him in the end LOL!

Can we all go back to being friends now? Please? [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the original Topic, I'm SOOO glad they finally caught the guy. Richard Jewel got such a bad wrap years ago, I felt very sorry for him. I didn't think they'd ever find out who the Olympics bomber was, I'm so glad that he's been captured now and can rot in jail now instead of make bombs with nails, etc. to hurt innocent people.! We should all be happy! F*&^^er was finally caught!

[ 06-03-2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-03-2003, 09:34 PM   #36
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
But then again, when you look at the word Prejudice in the dictionary, it says:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

(1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

Again, people who grew up in small towns shouldn't be assumed to be terrorist harboring racists. Yes, maybe family members and some others knew he did it, and was living there, getting away with it scott free! But please, don't say every single person who lived there knew, or at least the majority of the people who lived there knew, that is just unfair.

Anybody who thought like that is surely prejudiced.....

[ 06-03-2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 06-03-2003, 10:14 PM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
To the general IW public, please go BACK to the topic so we can avoid closing the thread. Thanks!
This is VERY close to happening - if this immature cattiness and bitching continues (and you're arguing over opinions, not fact anyway) I will lock this. I don't mind a bit of arguing and a bit of fiery debate, but I don't like sledging and I don't like cattiness, and I don't like people spitting the dummy when someone disagrees with them. People are entitled to their opinions but they are NOT entitled to a) let personal dislikes of people seep into their posts (that goes for both Moni AND Ronn) and b) they are not entitled to hammer other people with their own opinion just because that other person disagrees with them. This is called belaboring a point to death, and I see it happening on both sides.

This is also not a contest over who can get the last word in. Stop carrying on. This is the last I'll be posting on this subject - the next time I have to post here will be to advise that thread has been locked and we'll be looking at handing out suspensions. You've been warned.

In real life and at work we encounter people we don’t like personally, but we are expected to interact with them in a civilized fashion. I’d hope that we didn’t all of a sudden lose our manners because we’re online.

I’d like to commend Cerek who stayed out of all this – an excellent display of self control.

As Clouds said, I hope this is the last that we’ve seen of this and can get this thread back on topic. Whether or not it stays open is up to the rest of you.

[ 06-04-2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-04-2003, 12:46 AM   #38
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Moni, Lil Lil. whichever.

Take note, I will NOT allow you to continue your type of behavior on this Forum. You know the rules here, but you keep coming back, and starting crap with people. We all know you have something against Cedric. I have no idea what, and could care less.

BUT, You will stop harassing/Arguing members. And it seems that everytime we call you on something, you either think we hate you or you just leave for a few Months and come back under a new name. And now, you are even arguing with the MODERATORS?! You are just alienating yourself

I just want to remind you, also, that just because you've been here for a long time, is in no way 'keeping you safe' from a suspension or a ban.

From now on, don't attack people, where they LIVE). Be polite, and respect everyone--even if you don't like someone or their opinion.

An old saying by Dad told me-- "If you can't say something nice, don't speak at all".

There will be NO FURTHER comment about who's City is what or is....

[ 06-04-2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-04-2003, 10:41 AM   #39
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I think in this case, the maxim "Chill out or be frozen out" should apply. Take note.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #40
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
I think in this case, the maxim "Chill out or be frozen out" should apply. Take note.
i.e. No more arguing, but discussion on this topic, as it was MEANT to be.
I will repost Cerek's post:

-------------------
One of the F.B.I. Ten Most Wanted criminals has finally been captured right here in my sleepy little hometown of Murphy, NC. Eric Robert Rudolph (wanted for the bombing of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, two abortions clinics, and a gay club) was taken into custody early this morning by one of our local police officers.

He was found behind a local shopping center and captured without incident.

For more information (and to see where Cerek lives ) tune in to CNN for complete details

[ 06-04-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album