Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-07-2003, 12:53 AM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I have no links to back up my numbers, however, I have heard several times that military personel votes for the most part Republican, however I have heard minoritys make up a very large percentage of the military, and minoritys have in the past voted for the most part, Democrat.

Hmm.

Note: Before you start guessing, I am not suggesting anything by this, its merely something I thought of.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-07-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:

Note: Before you start guessing, I am not suggesting anything by this, its merely something I thought of.
Well done IR! Good job! Ka pai!
Old 05-07-2003, 01:57 AM   #3
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

At the same time, a coconut falls on a guys head in Maui. Wierd.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:54 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
I have no links to back up my numbers, however, I have heard several times that military personel votes for the most part Republican, however I have heard minoritys make up a very large percentage of the military, and minoritys have in the past voted for the most part, Democrat.

Hmm.

So...
You post a statistic you can't back up, and you're not suggesting anything by posting it? So why post it in the first place?
And frankly, I fail to see what good it would do to the Republican side of the matter to post this little tidbit in the first place... It's a good thing you said you weren't suggesting anything, because I don't know what you'd be suggesting that could possibly be used to the advantage of Your Side Of The Matter.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:10 AM   #5
LordKathen

At the same time the other IW works in that other dimension there is a death. They find Grojlach345 dead with a donkey and elephant picture and sign thats says death to all Trolls!
Note: Before you start guessing, I am not suggesting anything by this, its merely something I thought of. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-07-2003, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 05-07-2003, 06:13 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
At the same time the other IW works in that other dimension there is a death. They find Grojlach345 dead with a donkey and elephant picture and sign thats says death to all Trolls!
Note: Before you start guessing, I am not suggesting anything by this, its merely something I thought of. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And perhaps this would still be valid if one would change Grojlach345 to LordK587. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I donīt see why this statistics canīt be correct though. How many men are in the US military? And how many hispanics, african americans etc. live in the US? Wouldnīt this add up to that a minority of the minority votes republican?

Lord K, why did you change your font color? Youīre confusing me.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:37 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:

I donīt see why this statistics canīt be correct though. How many men are in the US military? And how many hispanics, african americans etc. live in the US? Wouldnīt this add up to that a minority of the minority votes republican?
Oh, but I wasn't saying it was incorrect, as it does make sense if it's the case, more or less. Even if it's only a reflection of the current voting behaviour of the American people at the moment, I think it's tending towards a majority of preferring the Republican side now anyways; even if only because of the current flush of victory. These statistics suggestions thoughts whatever don't really say that much at all, nor are really all that surprising or shocking.

By the way... The US military, is it on a voluntary basis nowadays or is there still a compulsory military service in the US? If it's the former, it would explain something about a more to the right tending composition of the military just the same; one look at the wide-spread anti-war protests on the left side of the political spectrum could give an explanation of the "why" of that assumption.

[ 05-07-2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 05-07-2003, 06:44 AM   #8
LordKathen

Its the inter-dimensional paradox that happens when I decide to be a smarta$$. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 07:41 AM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Of course what IR claimed wasn't even a statistic at all, more along the lines of a rumour, observed trend, or personal opinion.
There may some numbers floating around on the net somewhere (ie: real statistics) that prove or disprove what IR says, but I'm not going to bother looking for them. IR, you'll do us the honour won't you?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:28 AM   #10
MagiK

Perhaps the weeks and weeks of Military training, and the years and years of education during a Military carreer opens the eyes of said "minorities" and they see that not all is as the Nanny-party would have them believe?

Sorry but MagiK-666 asked me to pass that along

[ 05-07-2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]