Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 07:01 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

So, when you folks are feeling suicidal how due you manage to get yourself up on your feet again? And if you don't get 'up on your feet again' how would you, y'know, do it?
Old 06-13-2002, 07:04 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Uh, well, those few times that I've actually felt down enough to be classified as suicidal I've usually just listened to some cheerful music. That helps get me up again, then a good night's sleep often clears up the rest of my mind.

As for how I'd do it, I'd probably shoot myself. Fastest way.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:05 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

wow, funny that youre talking about this because i just saw Virgin Suicides [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] so sad.
id probably jump out of the window though i thought about suicide a loong time ago and it is not the right thing to do even if you have big problems.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:09 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Uh, well, those few times that I've actually felt down enough to be classified as suicidal I've usually just listened to some cheerful music. That helps get me up again, then a good night's sleep often clears up the rest of my mind.

As for how I'd do it, I'd probably shoot myself. Fastest way.
shoot yourself? you own a gun??
Old 06-13-2002, 07:16 AM   #5
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

A very morbid topic...hmm anyhow when im depressed i see how much coffee i can drink it always picks me right up!!! as for a method sheesh i dont know ive never really thought about it i guess quick is better but id hope no one is thinking of it as its definatly not the right solution
Old 06-13-2002, 07:20 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, it's been a very long time since I despaired that much of life and at the time it was my faith in God and a few good friends who helped me realize things are not as bad as you tend to think they are when you feel that depressed.

As for methods? I wouldn't do it, period. Life is too short as it is and as I said, things are never as bad as they seem to us when we are depressed. Given time, we can work just about anything out and frankly, my faith in God prohibits taking my own or anyone else's life in a premeditated way.

Hierophant, I hope this is just a random question. And if it isn't, I hope you feel better now than when you posted. Please seek a hotline or other counseling help if you really are feeling that way. [img]smile.gif[/img] No matter how bad you think things are, there's always a better answer than suicide.

Cloudy
Old 06-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #7
Lord Shield

no way. would not do that. Even if i DID get that depressed, to do so would be the most cowardly and selfish thing to do and I will not be a party to it

Old 06-13-2002, 07:47 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Whenever I feel suicidal, I think of the people it would affect. Imagery of people laughing at my grave ensure, especially my enemies. It is usually enough to spur me on with the will to live, because damn it all, I am not going to let my enemies have the last laugh! I want to stay alive and plot their downfalls! I want to outlive them and get to spit on their graves!

I will not let them win.

That said and done, if by some bizzare circumstances I lose all hope, I would most probably choose hanging.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 06-13-2002, 07:48 AM   #9
Lord Shield

don't 'probably' do anything of the sort. The best revenge on someone is to out-live them

Old 06-13-2002, 07:50 AM   #10
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Whenever I feel suicidal, I think of the people it would affect. Imagery of people laughing at my grave ensure, especially my enemies. It is usually enough to spur me on with the will to live, because damn it all, I am not going to let my enemies have the last laugh! I want to stay alive and plot their downfalls! I want to outlive them and get to spit on their graves!

I will not let them win.

That said and done, if by some bizzare circumstances I lose all hope, I would most probably choose hanging.
Hanging is a pretty practical option I suppose. Have you ever given any thought to the notion that your 'enemies' probably wouldn't care if you died.
"Oh, that Dundee Slaytern guy topped himself. Ah well who gives a f**k. So, what are we doing today..."