Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-15-2002, 07:01 PM   #21
Lord Shield

Sir Michael, jsut to put a lighter note here:

there are TWO ways to read that note as you say. So why take the chances? play safe and nothing can happen as Z said. Caution is not paranoia

This board is fun for all. A crappy attack (no matter how slight) could spoil the fun (at least temporarily)

Let Z do his stuff and we can all forget about this

Old 05-15-2002, 07:02 PM   #22
Lavindathar
Harper

Phew, he finally went.

I seem to remember nearly getting banned myself when I started the "ban Tiamet thread". Ah, well, can't say I wasn't correct. At least I knew Seph and Neb were behind me at the time.

And Ziroc isn't being paranoid, Tiamat is a grade A t**t. After listining to him babble about computers, it is obvious he can't do shit with a cpu...so no worrys there. But he might have friends who can, so Ziroc is being wise just by being careful.

And my point is proven:

Tiamat -"I'd come under a different allias".

Me -" Erm, mate, that isn't possible. He banned your IP."

Tiamat - "Eh??"

Lol!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 07:05 PM   #23
Lord Shield

well, if he uses a dial-up account that leases IPs that will get through. Or he could use a different PC. Banning isn't that good unless you ban Subnets or worse

Old 05-15-2002, 07:05 PM   #24
Sir Michael
Manshoon

Again, from Z,
Quote:
Let me get this straight. You are calling my comprehension skills low? AND others? Please let me know. I know how these types of people work. I've seen them come and go. you have NO idea what his past is like, and his previous acts. So unless you know what you are talking about............
I've been here over a year...I've seen and heard enough of Tiamat to know him a little and his types of posts (and that he just celebrated his 14th birthday).

"These types of people?" Come on Ziroc, that type of stereotyping is beneath you. I wouldn't presume to judge Tiamat without personally knowing him.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 05-15-2002, 07:09 PM   #25
Lavindathar
Harper

There is stereotyping and stereotyping. He has known Tiamat since Tiamat arrived, like some of us. He continually annoys and says thinks that are out of order, and although I don't know what he said recently, his banning would be deserved.

And cos Z has known him since he came, he can stereotype him. He KNOWS what he is like.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:09 PM   #26
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Sir Michael, you should not question Ziroc just because he has made a call based on much, much experience. How often have I read in the paper of a teenager doing something incomprehensible and some of their friends saying that he seemed a normal kid? This is Ziroc's forum, and you need to abide by his rules and not insult him.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 05-15-2002, 07:11 PM   #27
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Michael, we're just being cautious. We've known him longer than you have, trust me, I can tell by your registration date, and we know that he would try something like this were he smart enough. And might I add that you basically insulted the intelligence of everyone on the forums and said that you're smarter than everyone here. Not smart buddy, that's not the fast track to making friends.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:14 PM   #28
Sir Michael
Manshoon

I guess what bothers ME the most about all this (any why I've carried the argument so far), is that a few vocal and popular IW members could decide they don't like me either, and then I would be banned. Not the end of the world, like I said, but upsetting nonetheless.

You guys have ignored the allegations he makes about Lioness and Sephy in his letter, and I also have seen some absolutely rotten treatment of him from some of you in some other posts (name-calling and worse). I don't care what he did, he didn't deserve that kind of treatment. I think he was just a masochist, and perhaps he didn't know where else to go for attention being a kid and all.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 05-15-2002, 07:17 PM   #29
Sir Goulum
John Locke

He was banned? Woa...I never knew that. But anyways, I doubt he would send a virus to us. I just know. Trust me. But then again he might...
Old 05-15-2002, 07:25 PM   #30
Sir Michael
Manshoon

Quote:
Sir Michael, you should not question Ziroc just because he has made a call based on much, much experience. How often have I read in the paper of a teenager doing something incomprehensible and some of their friends saying that he seemed a normal kid? This is Ziroc's forum, and you need to abide by his rules and not insult him.
Your right, of course, it's his forum...so perhaps I should ask him everytime I want to state my opinion?

All right, all right...I'll backtrack a little...I wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence, just comment on the fact that I though MY interpretation of T's letter was right, and most of you were wrong. I have noticed that perhaps people don't read through things carefully enough before formulating their replies, though.

And, I've been here much longer than my reg date and # of posts would indicate.