Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-09-2002, 12:10 PM   #181
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I didn't see that it had been resolved, and no-one had addressed what I was talking about. Sorry if I joined the conversation late, but I'm talking about a prevailing attitude that exists regardless of whether the issue existed or not.
My point being that I don't think we'll ever come to agree on it, so why debate it endlessly? Some of us have one opinion, some another. We have all aired our views over and over. Sometimes if you don't agree with someone it is better to walk away. I am happy to do so, and I have agreed with Dan that I will leave it now. It is therefore destructive, IMO, for other people to come along after that agreement has been made by me, and start responding to posts I made earlier. This is a destructive situation. Please can we just leave it now Hugh? I would really appreciate it.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:15 PM   #182
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

LOL Mems, we posted at the same time! GMTA. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-09-2002, 12:18 PM   #183
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Well not everyone's as enlightened as you, Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img]
I take it from that that because I have a problem with it I am unenlightened? Or perhaps I just have a different perspective due to my social background, which of course can easily be dismissed out of hand. Because everyone knows poor people are stupid, otherwise they'd be rich, wouldn't they?

Perhaps we should just have 2 ranks - 'Enlightened Brotherhood' and 'The Great Unwashed'. No guesses as to which I'd be in.
[/QUOTE]I think they were just joking and not aiming barbs at you [img]smile.gif[/img]

But you are wrong about one thing...we would need 3 classes [img]smile.gif[/img] The enlightend, the heathen, and the GD(*^&*(&*(&(* Conservative republicans [img]smile.gif[/img] heheheh

Old 05-09-2002, 12:23 PM   #184
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mreball:
test
[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

What is this? What are you doing, mreball?

If you're testing an image, mind creating a thread for it and deleting it once you've got it working? It's not the best manners to test in the middle of a discussion thread.

Old 05-09-2002, 12:23 PM   #185
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*CB grabs LS, Diablo, Groj, Epona and GenieBoy in a group hug and gooses LS*
Can't... breathe... need... air...
[img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 12:29 PM   #186
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

So let's look at this bizarre situation. Now people are making a big deal over me saying it's not a big deal.

I was neither for nor against! You're attacking Switzerland! All I was suggesting was that people GET SOME PERSPECTIVE. Sheesh.

Can I remind people that the best way to let something drop is to not post? There's been now what seven posts saying to drop it!

As I said.

Sorry for entering the conversation late. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-09-2002, 12:55 PM   #187
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
So let's look at this bizarre situation. Now people are making a big deal over me saying it's not a big deal.

I was neither for nor against! You're attacking Switzerland! All I was suggesting was that people GET SOME PERSPECTIVE. Sheesh.

Can I remind people that the best way to let something drop is to not post? There's been now what seven posts saying to drop it!

As I said.

Sorry for entering the conversation late. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yorick...you're a character.

Old 05-09-2002, 12:57 PM   #188
MagiK

OOops sorry, didn't see the "time to play" post [img]smile.gif[/img] I was not intending to continue to agravate, I was just discussing [img]smile.gif[/img] no heat from this corner... [img]smile.gif[/img] on to other threads [img]smile.gif[/img] ...well on to lunch then other threads [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #189
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by mreball:
test
[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

What is this? What are you doing, mreball?

If you're testing an image, mind creating a thread for it and deleting it once you've got it working? It's not the best manners to test in the middle of a discussion thread.
[/QUOTE]FULLY agreed, Memnoch! I just took the liberty of deleting that little post myself.

Guys, PLEASE do not interrupt the flow of a thread to test a sig image. As Memnoch says, create a test thread and delete it once you get the sig the way you want it to do so.

Interrupting a thread to do that is like walking between two people engaged in a conversation, breaking wind really loudly, and then walking off without saying "Whoops!" or "'Scuse me!" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-09-2002, 01:11 PM   #190
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*CB passes out Choc Mugs and IW teeshirts, prods Yorkick to SING and MagiK to PLAY and pokes Memsy just cuz she feels like it *

There, now Epona, any one of these fine gentlemen or that gasping one over there who somehow escaped the group goose..er hug.. is available to help close the door on the debate. I'm ordering up the party favors... you think they should be MOUSE on a mousepad or Z on a coaster? Hmmm.. you know.. a genie keyring'd be cute... how about BK and LS on boxers...

Sazzie! The vulture is cracking me up!