Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-15-2001, 12:49 PM   #61
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Whats uip with Netscape?

Mine's been giving me "improperly shut down' warnings anytime I close it with the little 'X' from the upper right corner and half the time when I go and close from the File menu! grrrrrrrrr

Then again, I'm not fond of the weird blinking cursor that IE seems to have when making replies on the forum, either! And IE seems to freeze my screen more often when surfing Ironworks.

CloudBefuddled

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-16-2001, 05:05 AM   #62
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Whats uip with Netscape?

OK the beta version of Netscape 6 works better than the full version, and it has different standards than IE and Netscape 4, which makes my job of building web sites a Nightmare. And just to make things worse, it's error messages are worse than IE which I did not think was possible.
And that it just the beginning.

Old 05-16-2001, 05:25 AM   #63
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleys:
OK the beta version of Netscape 6 works better than the full version, and it has different standards than IE and Netscape 4, which makes my job of building web sites a Nightmare. And just to make things worse, it's error messages are worse than IE which I did not think was possible.
And that it just the beginning.

Amen!

I also encounters alot of troubles making webpages. Netscape has it´s own code and well neither Netscape nor IE is far from flawless, but more things works proper in IE. Netscape 6 is one of the worst browser I have ever encountered, i rather use IE 3!!! And I´, not joking!

Hopefully more browsers will emerge that fully supports HTMl and CSS so we designers can make proper webpages that works for everyone!

i hate to have to change all the structure and the way the page is layout just to get it working for Netscape since they don´t support that or this..

Both are free programs so stop the nonsense and Make the source code the same, this way you have to make the programs better and to support more things to make them reach out to the egos of Microsoft and Netscape developers... Grrr i found something I really hate now!!!!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-16-2001, 08:05 AM   #64
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Considering I almost gagged from the smell of puree'd broccoli wafting up from the garbage disposal at work today im gonna have to give my vote to pizza.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-18-2001, 05:53 AM   #65
Donut
Jack Burton

I hate it when you take a day off of work to go to the cricket and there is no play because it's raining all day

I hate sitting on a London bus listening to an American woman shouting 'I'm sick of you clogging all of OUR roads up with your crummy cricket games!'

I hate having to sit in a pub drinking for 12 hours. Er, wait a minute, I don't hate that at all

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas