Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2001, 08:14 PM   #1
skier9205
Manshoon

What NPC can use the amulet of power (the gift from Aran Linvail) and use the mace of disruption +1 (+2) w/ some slots filled for maces?

------------------
"There's no such thing as the ultimate character, only a great player."

[This message has been edited by skier9205 (edited 07-07-2001).]
Old 07-07-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Do you mean together well thats Viconia and Anoemen I think oh and Aerie. I dont know why you would want that though instead of having 2 people negative plane protected. Jaheira and Minsc can make a great team that way.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
skier9205
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Do you mean together well thats Viconia and Anoemen I think oh and Aerie. I dont know why you would want that though instead of having 2 people negative plane protected. Jaheira and Minsc can make a great team that way.

I'm playing as a good-aligned party so that rules out Viconia, Aerie is too weak to play as a fighter (I'd prefer having her casting spells). I guess I'll have to use Anoemen. Negative plane protection wears off too fast. I played once through w/ Jaheira and Minsc in my party. They did make a pretty good team but I'm thinking of going through with a different party. Thanks for the suggestions!

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 08:36 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Aerie could make a good fighter if you gave her a strength belt so she can wear plate and so forth. The other option is give it to someone in their offhand so they get the plane protection. Vampires are pretty weak without their level drain.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 08:41 PM   #5
skier9205
Manshoon

I forgot that the mace of disruption +2 gives negative plane protection, so that means that they don't have to have that amulet! Perfect. Here's my party...

Me (Barbarian)
Aerie (Love Interest)
Imoen (Gotta have Imoen)
Keldorn
Mazzy
Minsc or Anoemen?

Any suggestions? All are welcome. Thanks.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
jabidas
Silver Dragon

While I like Minsc more than Anoemen but your party needs a cleric more, its a pretty good party all things considered, well balanced.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 08:53 PM   #7
skier9205
Manshoon

Thanks for the suggestions, Jabidas, you're always willing to help. I appreciate it. Thanks.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 09:00 PM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Any time, there is always someone to help around here.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 10:11 PM   #9
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by skier9205:
I forgot that the mace of disruption +2 gives negative plane protection, so that means that they don't have to have that amulet! Perfect. Here's my party...

Me (Barbarian)
Aerie (Love Interest)
Imoen (Gotta have Imoen)
Keldorn
Mazzy
Minsc or Anoemen?

Any suggestions? All are welcome. Thanks.

Well, if you have the mace +2 and the amulet, give Anomen the mace, and give Imoen or Aerie the amulet (it speeds up spellcasting, too).

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-08-2001, 12:03 AM   #10
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Go with Anomen mate,
besides as you said you've already gone through with Minsc, and Mazzy is a good fighter-so you dont need too many hard core tanks...especially since you are playing a barbarian too .
BTW, make sure you fulfill Anomens quests adequately, namely pursuing the lawful good path. This will make him a far easier character to live with, and a more powerful one too-his wisdom goes up etc. with all the associated benefits.

[This message has been edited by Ravana (edited 07-08-2001).]