Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 12:15 PM   #1
BrandonL
Manshoon

I don't know how many Star Trek fans there are around this area, but if there are any, I should tell you that they're playing the trailer on the Men in Black II, and also at the main website of course, and it looks awsome, I think that besides First Contact and the Wrath of Khan, this could be the best Trek movie yet.
BrandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, the trailer looks good, although after hanging around at the Trek boards and hearing some unsavory rumors I'm not getting my hopes up. This is probably going to be the last TNG movie and I hope it doesn't end on a bad note. Do you know that one of the crew is going to be killed off in this movie? Care to take a guess?
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 12:47 PM   #3
BrandonL
Manshoon

Yep, its going to be the last TNG movie, do'h, sucks cause I think that The Next Generation was the best out of the five series, and I think I heard that two characters get killed, Data and Worf.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:43 PM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, you got that half-right.
Judging from the trailer, it appears this is going to be another 'Picard and Data' show. Notice how Data has been getting major screen time in all the TNG movies ever since Star Trek: Generations? In the series he (Data) got as much screen time as everybody else but Generations came along and ever since he's been a major player.
Old 07-06-2002, 02:52 PM   #5
BrandonL
Manshoon

Oh yes, that reminds me, in the trailers I've seen, Data's been working on either a copy of himself, or Lore, man, that'd be scary if Data manaaged to reactivate Lore again.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Yeah, I saw that preview, and am pretty excited to see it. I don't even remember when the last one came out, so I hope I have not missed one in all this time.

Anyway, I liked the preivews, but think they revealed too much. I hate to be spoiled, and trailers have a way of doing just that. </font>
Old 07-06-2002, 10:45 PM   #7
BrandonL
Manshoon

I like previews, especally since they let me know whats coming, yay, and I was thrilled to see this finially, I thought that they were never going to show it in the theater.
Old 07-06-2002, 11:04 PM   #8
lroyo

Hmmm..never been a Star Trek fan! It seems a bit tacky to me! Can someone, without writing a thesis on it, tell me what it is that they find so exhilarating about Star Trek. I mean, millions of people watch it, so it obviously has an attraction.

I love SciFi, so I would have thought I'd be a fan, but I'm not.

By the way, I'm not being a bitch, I'm just curious!
Old 07-06-2002, 11:06 PM   #9
BrandonL
Manshoon

::Whispers:: Tacky it is not, as for why its so popular, I have no idea, I just like it very much.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:12 AM   #10
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonL:
Oh yes, that reminds me, in the trailers I've seen, Data's been working on either a copy of himself, or Lore, man, that'd be scary if Data manaaged to reactivate Lore again.
Needless to say I think I know who's going to buy the farm in this movie. If this is going to be the last TNG movie, then at the end of the movie Picard should go on his knees and propose to Dr Crusher.