Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-10-2001, 01:44 PM   #1
Fekous Mai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My party consists of

Me- Awsome Mage
Edwin
Vic
Jah
Minsc
Jan

Is this a good party i kinda would like to change it a tad maybe....
and who should i romance with? Vic or Jah?????

------------------
Old 10-10-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

U is a mage and u still have Edwin in your group? I turned him to stone back in Maevar's place. I wonder if Maevar appreciated that pompus statue I left. Maybe I should start up my own business! Ahem, anyone who wants to keep their looks for eternity, plz step through the door on your left. (I'll make milions!)

Oh, get Arie in yor party, have a romance with her. Not that I'm biased or anything.

Horatio, Silver Ranger of the ALSB (oops, how'd that slip in?)
Old 10-10-2001, 02:15 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

You don't have enough fighters - I would get rid of Edwin and replace Viconia with Anomen. That would do the trick, I do believe

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-10-2001, 07:24 PM   #4
dulouz
Manshoon

yes, speaking of fighters, i suggest having atleast 2 dedicated fighters. some people like more, but i think 2 is sufficient. Consider Valygar duel weilding katanas as opposed to the commonly used Keldorn. Although Keldorn is freakin good, especially after you kill a certain dragon and get a certain 2 handed sword.

I would probably remove either Vicona or Edwin, but only because i ussually cast Holy Smite during battles, which do damage to evil characters only. Or maybe get rid of jaheira after you do her side quests.

Over all though, your party doesn't look too bad. Jaheira as a fighter can do pretty well. Just not as good as some other dedicated fighter.

d.

Old 10-10-2001, 10:52 PM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

It's really all personal preference, but you should have more fighter support. These are the two party designs I generally work with:

Party1- Minsc, Jah, Human Ranger(9)/Cleric, Jan, Imoen, Aerie
Party2- Minsc, Jah, Vic, Jan, Imoen, Me (Wild Mage/Sorceror)

There are a lot better pics than this, but I always have at least two front runners in the fight. The only reason I keep this party is (for Minsc, Jah, Imoen, and Vic) is sentimental value. A better uberparty, if you want to be a mage is:

Keldorn
Anomen
Minsc
Jah
Aerie
You

You have 1 1/2 clerics with Anomen and Aerie. 1 1/2 mages with you and Aerie. Jah is covering those wonderful druid spells like Insect Plague. Two good Tanks with Minsc and Keldorn, while Anomen and Jah can play backup.