Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 02-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
Randra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Problem 1: I am waiting for the final battle with the Valsherees (sp). I've deployed the troops and clerics and have been sitting here for 20 min. waiting. I can't move or do anything else. What am I missing to get this battle going??

Problem 2: I am running a Rogue level 23 and while waiting for the battle to get going, I just happened to look at my character sheet. My Dex is showing to be a 3. Um...what? My Dex WAS a 23 or something like that. I removed everything to see if I was wearing something funky that screwed up my Dex, but I'm not. I also used a Greater Restoration scroll to see if the problem was of a magical nature. It isn't.

I'm very confused as to what's going on.
Randra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
Hopeless Necromantic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. If the Wisp is near you, try talking to it. I had that problem as well, and had to start the battle using the dialogue option.

2. It's just the script used to keep you in place. I also wondered why they would use that function when there are others that don't reduce stats and are less confusing for the player.

[ 02-14-2005, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Hopeless Necromantic ]
Hopeless Necromantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to IW, Randra! My best friend plays Bass guitar, like you mention in your bio. I am the drummer. Glad to have you onboard with us here!

I take it that the Hopless Necro has answered your question sufficiently...
Old 02-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Randra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, the wisp was too far away for me to talk to. It kept saying 'that object is too far away...' blah blah.

I finally just had to use the debug mode to teleport close by so I could get the battle going.

Sadly, it looks like I'm going to have to start the entire game over because at the end of the battle, after I'm in the throne room, during the auto save the game completely freezes and shuts down. When I restart, the game it tried to save is corrupt and I have to play up to that point again.

Which...it just happens again anyway. And I am a terrible saver, so I don't have Chapter 1 saved. So...I'll be starting over :\ *bad Randra, bad bad!*

I really like playing so that's ok I guess...was kinda looking forward to moving on.

And hooray for bassists and drummers! We are elusive creatures (where I live anyway)
Randra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

i had that happen the other day except that it was during a quick save. my autosave wasn't terribly far back. its been the only crash i've had. and this is in hotu. no crashes all through oc or sou