Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
coralasiy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've recently purchased NWN and am working on a module in the toolset, the problme is that none of my downloaded hak packs seem to work apart from the one i installed first on nwn version 1.29 before upgrading it to nen version 1.65! i don't know what to do i'm really stuck! (p.s i have installed tilesets and they work!) i'd be grateful if anyone could give me any help or advice. Thanx X
Old 02-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

- Can you select the hakpacks in the toolset? (module properties -> custom content tab, drop down menu)
If yes, try to do so, and add them to the list. Save your module, close the toolset and reload your module.
(you need to load a hakpack into your module for it to become available, and some don't show until you refresh the pallettes)

- If that doesn't work, did you try to use a hakpack requiring an expansion pack you do not have? It's usually listed at the place you downloaded it.
If yes, you'll need HotU, SoU or possibly even the CEP to make it work.
(some of the resources in a hakpack may override files which aren't used yet in the expansionless NWN)

- Do you have any subfolders in your /nwn/hak directory?
If yes, try moving the contents from the subfolders to the main hak folder.
(The game only recognises hak files placed directly in the /hak folder, not those in /hak/somethingelse)

- Are the files in your /nwn/hak folder in a format such as .zip, .rar or .ace?
If yes, you'll need to unpack the files. Use a program like winzip or winrar.
(Only .hak files are legible hakpacks)

Four most common causes, though I'm sure you've got the first one down if you managed to get the tilesets hak to work. The second doesn't necessarily have to be an issue either, but might.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote