Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

have you ever had one weird experience where how it all started? ever wondered y we are the most inteligent creatures on earth? if you have something post it! i need it for my year 8 science homework and i need your help. it can be anything whacky or crazy but i need it before next tuesday.
Your thnx
burnz

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 10-10-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

In my deeply intelligent and deeply drunk friend's words: "Life is.. life. Get it?"
My point of view is purely scientistic. Evolution, mr. Anderson... A chain of events that led to us being the most advanced form of life on the planet.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I was actually talking about this today with my dad, this is a very tricky subject, but I think you need to expand on your question. All I can say so far is Yes I have wondered.

Do you want to know what I think? How complex should I answer? Becuase I have alot of views on this subject.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #4
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

YES! go wild on the subject it dosn't matter what it could be! my example: aliens came down to earth and mated with humans making them increadibly smart. complex or stupid either way i would get marks and this would turn out to be a very weird convo but hell it'll be funny
like i said, go wild!

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 10-10-2004, 09:18 AM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

We're life's energizer bunny. We're the fuel that lasts and reproduces in such quantities that we'll keep lasting.

Imagine that there was 'nothing' in the beginning. If there's nothing, dimensions such as latitude, height and even time are meaningless and impossible to seperate from eachother. Nothing chances, nothing's distinguishable ( ehr,.. is that a word ? ). In other words: time etc. doesnt exist.
However, as soon as you put a point into that whole lot of 'nothing', suddenly all sorts of dimensions spring to life. We've got a starting point from which to measure distance, height .. change introduces the passing of time.

But the only way to have all that, is for someone to observe there -is- something. As the quantum-theory has already proven that 'measuring' or 'seeing' something defines its state ( Schrodinger's cat -experiment ), you could say we are the things that keep life alive. We define the world around us, our consciousness shapes the world and allowes for dimensions.

So either life is the universe's fuel, or I'm just being very egocentric in thinking that everything evolves around us [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Either way, it makes for an original story.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

...it's an anticlimax.

We're random genetic offshoots like the ants you see milling around on the ground minding their own buisness, the only significant difference between us and them is that we ask "why?".

[ 10-10-2004, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 10-10-2004, 04:58 PM   #7
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Yes, I had wondered. Then I found this cool thing called the "Book of Genesis." I'm not going to say anything else, as there is still the moratorium on religous discussions. (and probably always will be, lol.)
Anyways, that pretty much covers my answer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 05:04 PM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Forty-two.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:07 PM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I see someone's done her reading [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #10
Sigmar
Unicorn

*reads Illumina Drathiran'ar's post*

*starts methodically loading shotgun*

...I'm sure I've heard that particular quote more than 42 times in my life.