Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 11:18 PM   #21
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I've heard of that, but I've never gotten a chance to read it. Maybe this year I'll pick it up. Thanks for reminding me!

Cheers,

Little book of Watership short stories! Definately a good buy!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:21 PM   #22
Moni

Sazerac,
While you are here...would you mind locking down the thread I posted "LoA"?
There is really no need for people to be pulling yesterday's conflict out into the open again today with more false accusations or assumptions about what I said in my initial post. that situation was positively resolved yesterday...please help to put it to rest?
*sigh*
Thank you.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 11:22 PM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

You had nothing to do with the incidents that I am speaking of. I must say that the Mods are usually VERY fair. Sometimes, though, when they accuse others of flaming, they pay no attention to the majority who are flaming for their own beliefs. I can understand this too a point, but if rules are in place, they need to be there for everyone!
Liliara, I appreciate your statement and respect your opinion. You will find that nobody's opinions are repressed here as long as they are expressed in a polite and courteous manner, with respect for fellow forum members. There is a big difference between passionately defending a point of view and personally attacking someone in defending that point of view - and it is our responsibility to differentiate between these and act accordingly.

If any of you feel that we're not doing a good job, please let us know. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and helps us to improve.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 11:25 PM   #24
Moni

Saz,
Thank You!

Goodnight

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-12-2001).]

Old 09-12-2001, 11:33 PM   #25
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Liliara, I appreciate your statement and respect your opinion. You will find that nobody's opinions are repressed here as long as they are expressed in a polite and courteous manner, with respect for fellow forum members. There is a big difference between passionately defending a point of view and personally attacking someone in defending that point of view - and it is our responsibility to differentiate between these and act accordingly.

If any of you feel that we're not doing a good job, please let us know. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and helps us to improve.

Memnoch, don't get me wrong, I usually find your judgements fair, let me correct that, almost always. I have however, seen you side with the majority, who after you sided with them, flamed even more. I have also been singled out in the middle of a heated debate with MANY. All I am saying is that if you are going to condemn one, condemn those that join the bandwagon of flames afterwards.

Please don't get me wrong, I hold you in the highest respect! You have been there for me since the beginning!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:30 AM   #26
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yes, we all owe you thanks.
Thank you! Thank you!
The last few days must have been very hard - people have been very upset, distressed, and angry, so there have been very many arguments that escalated into flaming. I must thank the mods for doing such a great job keeping everything under control, it can't have been easy.
Thank you!

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-13-2001, 03:29 AM   #27
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Just wanted to add my Kudo's for the mods, and big Z as well.

Only been active a short while, and I got myself involved in a bit of a flamefest. But Memnoch was totally fair and unbiased to me. Thanks for that buddy. I got your back!

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another
Old 09-13-2001, 05:57 AM   #28
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Just bumped up an old thread that i thought related to this
"The Mods have Rights too!"

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-13-2001, 06:00 AM   #29
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
to say that you don't favor anyone is not true
no one can be absolutely objective, because we all are humans with emotions...

damn, I am such a jerk to point that out

anyway, I got your point
I agree. but I am not complaining about that. We all favour those who say nice things and are old chums. But the GOOD thing is the people that are favoured him are decent people who don't need supervision!

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 08:07 AM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Memnoch, don't get me wrong, I usually find your judgements fair, let me correct that, almost always. I have however, seen you side with the majority, who after you sided with them, flamed even more. I have also been singled out in the middle of a heated debate with MANY. All I am saying is that if you are going to condemn one, condemn those that join the bandwagon of flames afterwards.

Please don't get me wrong, I hold you in the highest respect! You have been there for me since the beginning!

Thanks for your compliment, Liliara, it's nice to know we're appreciated in what can be a thankless job sometimes. Some people might think it's a glamour job - I can assure you it's a lot of hard work! But I wouldn't trade it for anything - I love doing this and I care about everyone here.

Which brings me to my second point! You mentioned that there was an instance where I sided with the majority and condoned their flaming, and also singled you out for flaming among many? I'm certainly not wanting to make a big deal out of this as all are entitled to their opinion, but could you point out the thread where this took place? I would be disappointed with myself if this were truly the case.

------------------