Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-26-2002, 12:31 PM   #1
dustbunny
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Talk about upsetting. I was playing IWD, was on the last crypt when the HOW came in the mail. It said it could be installed before I finished playing IWD, so I installed it. Big mistake as the game would not play. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this problem. Does anyone know how to correct it? What I worry about is that I won't be able to play HOW when I finally do finish IWD.

Thanks in advance
dustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 01:09 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You are going to have to give us some more information.

When you said it doesn't play, what exactly is happening? Is the game going to the first screen and crashing? Does it crash when you try to load a save game? Does it not even start up at all? Are you getting any error messages? What operating system are you running? Did you do any system changes before you installed HOW?

[ 04-26-2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #3
dustbunny
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for asking. Actually, nothing happens, nothing starts, so nothing crashes. It is really weird. I downloaded a patch this morning for HOW but do not know if it will correct the problem. It is very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

I am going to attempt to load IWD, it's patch, then HOW and it's patch and see what happens. I actually doubt anything will be fixed with it. Bad part is, if this does not work then I will never be able to play HOW.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:17 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

You don't need to load the IWD patch in that sequence. HOW does that for you already.

Are you by any chance running under windows XP?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 04-28-2002, 08:08 AM   #5
dustbunny
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unfortunately, have not as yet moved up to XP, am still running 98 on a Pent. II, 256MB RAM and a 20 gig HD.

Have not reinstalled everything yet. Thunderstorms and I think there will be more today.

Thanks for that tip on not installing the patch for IWD if I am installing HOW. Wonder if that had been part of the problem.

Logging off so I can install. BBS

[ 04-28-2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: dustbunny ]
Old 04-28-2002, 08:31 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Installing the IWD patch would only cause a problem if you installed it AFTER HOW or if the patch itself contained corrupted files.

You shouldn't have problems running under Win 98. Win XP can occassionally be troublesome due to some compatibility issues and driver problems.