Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 12:39 AM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Today has been a day that I will NEVER forget. This morning my mother woke me up with news about the pentagon being hit. She had only heard about, not seen the news yet, and the what she told me made me think the Pentagon was gone. This woke me up immediately and the thoughts of "the military is useless" flashed through my mind. All day, I watched the horror unfold. I saw the second tower fall live. I watched as bomb threats were heard, and news correspondents were all rushed here and there. I watched the sorrow unfold. It was a catastrophe, pure chaos.

At first I was in shock. This slowly changed to disbelief, then anger, then sadness. I just took everything in at first, seeing what was happening. Then I simply couldn't believe it, it was almost like a dream... after this I became angered that someone would do this to human and moreover, my countryman. This happened in my country that I love. After that, I felt very much for those who were injured and killed, those who had to find them, the families of the victims, everyone affected by this. I still have trouble believing this happened....

I've always felt very safe in the center of the North American continent, in the heartland of the most powerful nation in the world. The U.S. has the largest and most powerful military in the world. We have the highest economy in the world right now (or did before this :-\). But then this happens, so very close to home, and my sense of security simply shattered. Things very close to home were affected directly by this. The IDS building (the tallest building in Minneapolis for those of you who don't know) was closed. The Mall of America was closed and evacuated. The employees couldn't even get to their cars. And even my little 7 yr. old brother was forced to have an indoor recess because of the possibility of a plane hitting there. It's all so very sad.

Another horrible part of this is, who did it? The U.S. has two aircraft carriers stationed just of the coast of NYC. We have 5 destroyers scouring the coast. Fighters are flying cover over the capitol of the United States. We're ready for war, we're really at war, but we don't even know who the enemy is. Sure there've been a few guesses (Osama Bin Laden of course the number 1 suspect) but we have no solid evidence. Personally, I think it's all to easy to point to Bin Laden. It has all his trademarks, it seems like something he would do, he has the resources to pull it off. But wouldn't you think he'd cover his tracks a little better? I mean, if it is him, we already know within hours of the attacks. It seems a little too easy to point your finger and say "you did it!" Who else it could be, I don't know. But it simply concerns me.

Another strange thing, the U.S. has been sealed off. You can't even get to Canada or Mexico. The border is sealed. Air trafic in the United States is non-existant. The U.S. is totally isolated. This has NEVER happened before. Of course, this is the first successful attack on the continental United States as well....

And there's something a little frightening... What's next? We've already seen that they're capable of something, what else could they be planning or have planned but are just waiting to strike. I don't know, but I'm not sure I want to find out. It could be bad....

I have a friend who I spoke with today. He was a block from the Twin Towers when they were first hit... He heard the bang, car alarms went off, chaos just issued out of every orifice in the city. I can't even imagine what it was like being there. I also thought of everyone here on this forum in the New York and D.C. areas. I was really concerned for your safety. I also have a couple of friends who are Middle-Eastern. I was really concerned about them, hoping they wouldn't be persecuted because of their nationality. I certainly hope they won't be.

This is a time for all just and good people of the world to join together to recover from this and then to retaliate on those responsible for this horrific event. It is a time for us all to stand fast against this present evil and show them that we will NOT be scared and confused and be beaten by this. We will show those who would do harm that we will NOT allow these acts to go unpunished, that we will find them and bring them to swift and sure justice. I would like to ask all of you who will to pray for the victims and their families, for the rescue workers who have to deal with the injured and the dead, for the leaders of the world to make the right choices and that those responsible will be punished.

May God bless us all,
-Jafin

------------------

The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo
Old 09-12-2001, 12:42 AM   #2
Moni

God Bless You, Jafin.
*Hugs*
Moni

(going back to bed now)

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 12:44 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

You're not alone in disbelief Jafin..
I dont know if the Continent of North America has ever been in such a state of emergency and panic. The losses there will not just be structural or in manpower, but psychological and economical as well.
Whoever did this has struck a great blow to Americans everywhere.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-12-2001, 01:02 AM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

It is really dark day, Jafin.
So many innocent lives have gone...
Whoever is responsible will pay for it - either people or God punish them for such incredible crime.
God bless you, Jafin.

Hugs,
Tanda
Old 09-12-2001, 01:21 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tananda:
It is really dark day, Jafin.
So many innocent lives have gone...
Whoever is responsible will pay for it - either people or God punish them for such incredible crime.
God bless you, Jafin.

Hugs,
Tanda
This is the darkest day I've ever had the displeasure of living through. God willing, they WILL be punished accordingly for their acts.

God bless you Tanda, and you too Moni

-Jafin

------------------

Guardian of Boo
Old 09-12-2001, 02:02 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

were i had the power to help anyway i can, i would... yet being half way around the world poses a problem for me

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 09-12-2001, 03:28 AM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

yes, i agree. today is indeed the darkest day that america has ever seen. but believe me, when we find out who did this, we are going to make them pay for their crimes. the magnitude of this cowardly act is enormous, thus so should be the punishment. i say bomb them back to the stone age. any time they make advances after that, bomb them again. or just nuke them and turn they're "WONDERFUL" desert into glass. just know that these cowards WILL be dealt with. i am with you all in you're mourning. may all of the dead rest easier, now that they are out of the cruelty, that is this world. good night

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-12-2001, 03:47 AM   #8
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
yes, i agree. today is indeed the darkest day that america has ever seen. but believe me, when we find out who did this, we are going to make them pay for their crimes. the magnitude of this cowardly act is enormous, thus so should be the punishment. i say bomb them back to the stone age. any time they make advances after that, bomb them again. or just nuke them and turn they're "WONDERFUL" desert into glass. just know that these cowards WILL be dealt with. i am with you all in you're mourning. may all of the dead rest easier, now that they are out of the cruelty, that is this world. good night
If you kill innocents, you only make things worse. You have the support of the entire global community now - don't lose it.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 11:05 PM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I don't know what our retaliation should be exactly, but I do know that some sort of retaliation is necessary. Perhaps a ground force could invade and comb the entire nation for them, or perhaps nuking the whole thing would suffice too. I just hope that those responsible are found and brought to justice.

-Jafin

------------------

Citizen of the United States of America
Guardian of Boo
Old 09-13-2001, 01:09 AM   #10
The X
Dungeon Master

Though I strongly agree with U, dear Jafin, that it should not go unpunished, still retaliation of any kind is a knot when it comes at the expense of more innocent lives. Retribution shall be placed upon those guilty I assure U. Stand strong with your fellow Americans and know that people of the world share your griefs and loss.

This is life, an existence which truly differs from the fantasy of our gaming world. We can only accept what fate has brought upon us and to either learn or grief from it.This is a life where no "resurrection" or "raise dead" spells could give life to those that lost it. Be strong my friend, for every day that stings, two better days it brings....