Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-17-2003, 11:15 PM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Does anybody here knows how to disable the cheat codes? I play this game together with my sister. I don't cheat but she does. It's very annoying to see the neighbourhood is fill with palaces fit for a king. if you check each of the palaces all the sims inside is not working and yet they have few hundred thousand simoleons dollars. I tried telling her not to cheat but frankly she still cheat. any help?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 11:59 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Disable them ? I don't know about that. I'd say "just don't cheat", but for some people that can be a real challenge i suppose. I've played the Sims as well, and i cheated in the beginning to get the biggest house on the block. My character was a professional athlete, so he was making a pretty damn good living. But i got bored fast with this game. All my character tried to do in his free time, was make out with every woman in the neighbourhood, while his own wife was sleeping upstairs.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:22 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

So does my little sister . I stopped playing because of it.
But hey, it is her game.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 07:03 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

yeah, I tried deleting those palaces but she'll delete mine as well as a revenge. what a great sister I have. [img]smile.gif[/img]

say, can the sims polygamy?
Old 04-21-2003, 01:45 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You can't disable the Cheats, but depending on the Sims version you have, you can each have your own neighborhood.

But why do you really care about her cheating? Just ignore her houses and play with yours, they have no effect on your game, and you can even get your revenge on your sister by being mean to her Sims when they come visit you. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

Absolutely. It doesn't affect your game. Anyway it can be a bit deterring and annoying to see your small house surrounded by palaces.

As for being mean to your guests, I remember how I used to do it. There is a family that consists of two adults and their daughter. Can't remember their names or surname, but they are in the game by default in the biggest house to the ne. I just couldn't stand them so when they came to visit, I'd get them into the swimming pool and then sell the stairs so they couldn't get out of it. [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]

[ 04-23-2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Flaming Fist Enforcer ]
Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
Niadh
Elminster

Play it and annoy her family using yours, have people call at 3 AM to their house. Ask them to comeround, then hide. And so on.

I remember a family I had, male was a night security man, female was a burgler. great team.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:32 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Niadh:
Play it and annoy her family using yours, have people call at 3 AM to their house. Ask them to comeround, then hide. And so on.

I remember a family I had, male was a night security man, female was a burgler. great team.
It remind me of one of my game, one was at the top of the Police job tree, while the other was at the top of the Criminal job tree.

I like to create strange job mixes.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:02 PM   #9
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I own the actual sims game and my sister buys all the annoying expansion packs, creates palaces that are rather oddly shaped, and gets bored. (I am 14 and my sister is 9) Then she won't let me get rid of any of her families. Then we debate over who owns the game. Then she creates more families. The expansion packs fill up the hard drive, and she complains that the computer is too slow and that I should delete some of my games on the computer. All the little expansion pack things that make the interface more complicated have gotten to the point where I am the only person in my family who can even understand it. I occasionally play mine that has been ruined by a cat who has 0-3 points in every pet stat. My little sister managed to get a cat with an average of six in every stat. My house is littered with vacation souvineirs that I like, but can't seem to find enough room for them all. The souvineirs include, but are not limited to, a boot, three coconut monkeys, two tiki idols, one of which was caused in an error. I just want the original sims game back, and for my sister to stay away from it.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Kill off her sims? emm...I'm very afraid that she'll kill off my sims too. my sister just good at getting revenge. [img]smile.gif[/img]

for the jod thing though. well, I'm different then, I tend to put the couple go for the same job. example there was once this sims couple go for the army job at the same time. In the end both are general.

Just imagine that, 2 generals on a house.