Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2000, 09:49 PM   #1
Loghren

*****WARNING*****
***THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO HELL***

Been having a little problem. Having conquered the 4 deadly sins and Sarevok (I was supposed to kill him, right?), I placed the 5 tears into the eyes and spawned Irenicus. After the dialogue, he just stands there while I knock him down to "Near Death" - for an eternity. No kidding, I left my characters on attack for over an hour and he wouldn't die. Nor did he try to harm me or cast any spells. He just stands there. Did I miss something?

Additionally, this may seem odd, but Bodhi never said anything to me when I went for the final kill. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if she attacked me, either. And she didn't vampirize Aerie - who never asked to sleep with me after my romancing her (was this because I slept with the Dark Elf chick in the Underdark?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Loghren mac Fionn
Level 16 Elf Archer

Old 11-20-2000, 12:19 AM   #2
Loghren

I've gone back to my save right after I got into hell. Multiple times, in fact. No dice. Is there a patch out that would fix this bug, then, if it has happened to a few people? Or are we SOL for the time being?

Old 11-20-2000, 07:20 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like a bug to me. Have you tried to reload from your latest save? I've heard this happen to a few people.
Old 11-20-2000, 02:05 PM   #4
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THIS IS NOT A BUG!!!!! In this battle, Irenicus can be injured by magical weapons, but can only be KILLED with nonmagical weapons. If you have any nonmagical arrows, bolts, bullets, etc., load them up. If you don't have any nonmagical weapons or missiles, you have two options. You can return to a prior saved game in the elven tree city. There is an elf outsaide the palace who sells such items. Your other option, if you don't have a prior save, is to use the CreateItem cheat. If none of these two options works for you, then I'm sorry to say that I believe you are SOL.
Old 11-20-2000, 06:03 PM   #5
Armisael

Very odd. When Irenicus spawned for me, he came along with a few daemons, cast his contingencies, and stood there. As soon as I'd finished off his daemons, he did some sort of funky teleportation spell and appeared below that big statue. Then he started attacking me.