Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
Moni

One day back in January I decided to pick up a hobby I had not played around with in 16 years...crocheting.
Since then I have made three full-sized afghans as gifts for beloved kinfolk. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I took pics to show them off to my sister (who actually asked me to take pics so that she could see them) and I uploaded them onto one of my web pages to share them with whoever else wants to see them.

She got the full-sized version of the pics, no resizing done so she gets to see more detail than the web page shows (like the mostly white one has variagated colors "behind" the red in an awesome stained-glass looking effect), but heck, for not attempting the craft for so many years, I am pretty proud of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Crocheted Afghans

My next step is to finish a granny-square afghan made of a combination of all those colors and then teach myself to knit. A neighbor girl taught me when I was 7 but my mom wouldn't let me knit in the house ("those things are dangerous!", and around my siblings they were LOL) and I have always wanted to pick it back up since I'd long since forgotten what I was taught by the time I left home...well I've been away from home for many many years now and its still on my list of things to do so here I go.

Old 03-02-2002, 11:19 PM   #2
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Good stuff Moni on picking it up, although I must say its not the hobby for me
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-02-2002, 11:26 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

they are nice.i especially like the first one.
Old 03-02-2002, 11:51 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

Interesting. I'll have to get my wife to check that image out, too--she's into quilting.
Old 03-03-2002, 01:33 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

It is good to see someone picking up that folk art; most native folk arts may be found now only at craft fairs or historical towns. Too many folk arts are almost lost.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:05 AM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Gosh, I haven't crocheted in *how* many years, either! I get bored and off I go to another project! A girlfriend taught me to knit and I hated it! Now I just spin the wool for others to knit [img]smile.gif[/img] .