Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 12:17 AM   #1
PsYgNeT

I have a little question about lich,(sorry i am not really in the subject) Where is Kangax? and how many elemental lich i must kill?

Old 11-14-2000, 06:31 AM   #2
-SiNCuBuS-

Ok, i've heard everyone say that the demi-lich casts imprisonment, wail, wilting, etc. etc. etc. and it seems that every lich i fight is doing all the things the demi-lich should be doing (casting a heap of imprisonments) the only difference is that they haven't got 100% magic resistance like the demi-lich... just wondering if this is the same for everyone else?

P.S. Sorry for posting yet ANOTHER post on liches

Old 11-14-2000, 07:13 AM   #3
Armisael

I've never met a lich that cast imprisonment on me.

Old 11-14-2000, 07:49 AM   #4
-SiNCuBuS-

Well it seems that every lich i meet seems to be doing this...
usually in this order: heaps of protection spells
time stop
protection from evil
minor meteors
gate
and then just imprisonments (and sometimes wails and wilting)
and my difficulty is on normal... :\

Old 11-14-2000, 08:28 AM   #5
Armisael

The liches I meet usually time stop, symbol: stun and fear, meteor swarm, then finger of death. If I'm not dead by then, they are. : P

Old 11-14-2000, 10:47 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Never had imprisonment cast on me. Then again they're usually history by then.
Demilich, now, that's another story!
Old 11-14-2000, 04:29 PM   #7
Suul-Yinn

I think you mean the spell maze, which appears like a cage surrounding your character, before they disappear. After a while they return, depending on their INT( max 2D4 rounds). With imprisonment they NEVER return unless you cast freedom, a level 9 spell! PsYgNeT read Tara's post on Lich's for a description on where to find him and hopefully kill him...

Old 11-15-2000, 03:45 AM   #8
-SiNCuBuS-

Well i thought someone would say it was maze, but i waited for ages the first time this happened (after the lich was killed) and after awhile i decided to check and it says imprisonment NOT maze...

i'm level 9 and i'm still having this prob with the lich at the sewers under the temple district... each lich i find casts imprisonment, cause i've checked the one in the bridge district (haven't killed this one yet), the one in the gate district, and the one in the sewers

btw are the others? (i know one is in the underdark but thats all)

Old 11-15-2000, 06:48 AM   #9
Suul-Yinn

Don't understand why they are casting imprisonment as nobody else has mentioned it, maybe a bug. Only Kangaxx should use it. What will protect you is scrolls of protection against undead or magic, or spell immunity and select abjuration. Don't use scroll of protection against undead on Kangaxx, until he transforms, after he dies(?) the first time.

Old 11-15-2000, 06:53 AM   #10
Suul-Yinn

Oh I forgot Kangaxx, the big one, is in the docks next to the Sea's Bounty Tavern. Speak to him first before approaching all but the gate lich, as the other two are part of his quest for a really good item. It will still work if you kill the others first, but at least you will know why they are there.