Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

I helped Nalia with her property problems and got knighted by da queen herself or somethin to that effect. But now I want to leave the huzzy, so...

can i kick Nalia to the curb (get rid of her, serve her walking papers, make her do the long cha-cha) without losing the keep? And if so, can I get her back if I happen to find nothin but losers from here on out and decide i miss the lack-luster NPC.

And SixOSpades and others said neva but neva mix evil and good fools together lest you have a penchant for drama. So what about the whiskey swillen dwarf in the copper coffin inn? I was thinkin about lettin him join me just for his quest stuff and then ditch'in him like I'm about to do Nalia.

Does anybody else give that senario a shot or is it better to just leave him be..
Old 07-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You can dump Nalia without losing the keep. Best you dump her next to the mojo (the guy who gives you quests in keep), because sometimes during keep quests she might have something to say (nothing critical though, just stuff like "You should not raise the taxes anymore, people are already unhappy", so its not really necessary).

And taking Korgan to do his quest then dumping him is not a bad idea. Many do it.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
You can dump Nalia without losing the keep. Best you dump her next to the mojo (the guy who gives you quests in keep), because sometimes during keep quests she might have something to say (nothing critical though, just stuff like "You should not raise the taxes anymore, people are already unhappy", so its not really necessary).

And taking Korgan to do his quest then dumping him is not a bad idea. Many do it.
Good looking out, sooooo who's the mojo/mofo in the keep that gives me quests... it was a guy that said to come see him for money, then there was the new captain of the guards. Dont remember anyone else. Maybe they'll show up when i go back in a couple (game) weeks, guess i'll keep her til then but she's basically useless, her and aerie dying all over the place.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by rah_pillage:
quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:

Good looking out, sooooo who's the mojo/mofo in the keep that gives me quests... it was a guy that said to come see him for money, then there was the new captain of the guards. Dont remember anyone else. Maybe they'll show up when i go back in a couple (game) weeks, guess i'll keep her til then but she's basically useless, her and aerie dying all over the place. [/QUOTE]I meant the guy in the centre of the main hall the one who tells you about money taxes and how people are happy. I think his name's Mojo or Hojo. You will have to talk to him to get any quest. Every game week or so go to him and talk to him to see if anything new happened.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Major-domo: A Chamberlain, local head of affairs, supervises a barony or fief while the actual Lord of the area is away, and tends to general administrative duties.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:32 PM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Major-domo
[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

oh, well, I was close [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Major-domo: A Chamberlain, local head of affairs, supervises a barony or fief while the actual Lord of the area is away, and tends to general administrative duties.
Where do you get this stuff! Most decent factoids.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

if u need a good mage i suggest jan he's a good laugh. Nalia is OK but fairly weak and aerie doesnt know the meaning of SHUT UP!

Jan is also a theif so that'll help and Korgan ( dwarf in copper coronet ) is ok as well. His axe is ranged as well as melee and he has 5 in the axe prof spot.

[ 07-05-2005, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Pop 'n Fresh ]
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:05 AM   #9
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pop 'n Fresh:
if u need a good mage i suggest jan he's a good laugh. Nalia is OK but fairly weak and aerie doesnt know the meaning of SHUT UP!

Jan is also a theif so that'll help and Korgan ( dwarf in copper coronet ) is ok as well. His axe is ranged as well as melee and he has 5 in the axe prof spot.
Thanks for the info, but heres the spin, I want to get Korgan but the drunk is evil... I'm CN with minsc, jaheria, nalia, aerie, and yoshi in the party, I know yoshi could care less but I've been told I'll have probs mixing alignments.

So you're sayin Korgan wouldn't be a major prob and his positives vs negatives make it still a choice worth taking? I'm planning to dump nalia cause shes basically useless in a pinch at least aerie can cast a ton of useful spells
Old 07-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Korgan would seriously clash with your current party, and I'm telling you right now that some of them might take severe offense to his presence and take steps to correct that.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote