Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

I have reached the required levels where i can choose my high level abilities. But i don't see any lvl 10 mages spell, all i can select are the warrior's and the thief's HLAs. Heck, i don't even see the scribe additional lvl 6 or 7 spell icon. Did i misinterpret something here? Or the fighter/mage/thief simply don't have access to lvl 10 mage spells?
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

F/M/T cant cast level 9 magic without removing the cap. Since level10 magic uses the level9 slots, its not available to the F/M/T. I would have though the extra spell slots would have been though.

Also, I dont know if this holds for multis, but you might only get the HLAs for the class thats currently leveling, so wait till your mage part levels.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:07 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

You get to choose HLA's depending on what class reached a level above 3,000,000XP. Your mage part is probably not the one levelling up. Your thief part will get his first aachellee
Old 07-07-2003, 07:30 PM   #4
theholyavenger
Manshoon

My combined experience for my three classes has already exceeded 3,000,000. Moreover, i've already chosen my first 2 HLA's, but i still don't see the mage's HLAs...

Please don't tell me that all the time i spent on training my character reduces down to nothing...

EDIT: I've also downloaded the XPCAP remover and the LVL50 pack...

[ 07-07-2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: theholyavenger ]
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:15 PM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
You get to choose HLA's depending on what class reached a level above 3,000,000XP. Your mage part is probably not the one levelling up. Your thief part will get his first aachellee
I'm quite sure this is incorrect. You should be able to choose ANY HLA you can get at any level up.

This topic DOES belong in the ToB forum, too.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

The mage part cannot gain any HLAs. The bonus slots, I'm not sure about, but I believe you can, but the 10th level spells don't happen. You can't get level 9 spells, so it would be useless to get a 10th level spell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 03:58 AM   #7
daan
Silver Dragon

Pcgiant is correct. once you reach 3.000.000 XP you get to choose a HLA from any of the classes. IIRC the problem of not being able to choose extra 6th, 7th and 8th lvl spells is a bug and should be possible. There was a patch for it I think.
The not being able to choose 10th lvl spells is offcourse logical, since you'd never be able to cast them. Not sure if the lvl 50 rule-pack changes that though.

NOTE: just checked the baldurdash ToB-bugfixes and they do indeed have a fix for it [img]smile.gif[/img]