Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vte...ing/index.html

It's all over CNN right now, the bodycount is still rising. I don't have a lot of info yet, but apparently they arrested one of the shooters....
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Here's some more news....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_...260911,00.html
Old 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Your first post is incorrect, the shooter is dead by his own gun. Luckily nobody I know was killed. Shame this kind of crap happens.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Your first post is incorrect, the shooter is dead by his own gun. Luckily nobody I know was killed. Shame this kind of crap happens.
There were two shooters, one is dead, the other captured, it's not even certain if they were working together, this could be two seperate incidents, who knows.

32 dead reported already.

Here's a student's blog... http://cyanne.livejournal.com/294476.html
Old 04-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Still reporting a lone gunman whose dead, but unknown whether he shot himself or was shot by security, according to BBC and the Times.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

Well I dunno, I actually live in Virginia and I have heard nothing about another gunman. The news I'm hearing is from our local news with citizens and law officials, who live in Virginia. They say ONE gunman, he was Asian, had 2 9mm handguns, lots of ammo, he even chained the doors to keep students from getting out. He killed himself.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
If the shooter is dead, then who is the guy they arrested?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, apparently there only was one shooter after all, amazing that just one guy could do all this damage. I read stuff that he lined several students up and then shot them execution style.

Here's something from CNN http://wmvod.mgnetwork.com/vod/wsls/studentvid.wmv
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

After running around all day putting in applications and going to an interview, I only heard about this at 2pm. It appears that the media captured photos of several people in handcuffs that turned out to just be precautionary measures to make sure that there was no further danger. One person put in handcuffs was a photographer or reporter for one of the local news companies, but was released soon after his detainment. This is why there was rumors of more than one shooter, coupled with the mapping of the two incidents that are across campus from one another. The news says that everyone thought that the danger had passed and then the shooter ends up in another location and starts going crazy again and people were like is there more than one?

Due to high winds, the choppers could not even fly the wounded out and those had to be driven to hospitals. I have not heard whether or not the delay in travel cost anyone their lives.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
Ladyzekke

The winds here are crazy today! No way a helicopter could fly in it. So sad.

You should hear the stories coming out from the students. Many are calling in from their own dorm rooms. One guy said he was shot in the arm while several of them tried to hold the door closed against the gunman trying to push it open on the other side. It worked in that he moved onto another classroom. Apparently he just randomly shot people, didn't say a word, didn't even have an expression on his face other than just pure determination. He also apparently shot his roommates (I'm assuming as they were in a dorm room in their beds) first before he went on his shooting spree. One other guy called in that was in a class where a LOT of people were killed. He just lucked out behind his desk and didn't get a bullet. Can't even imagine what that was like, he sounded so calm too when describing it.

I'm also hearing rumors of a higher body count, it may go as high as 50. I agree it's amazing how many people one guy managed to kill. He obviously was prepared.

Reality Show Recaps