Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 03:14 AM   #1
Rolzi_69
The Magister

Drizzt or Elminster????
Which is more powerful in your eyes????
I am interested because i would rather a mage like Elminster but there is something about Drizzt that makes me prefer him.
Now for your answers
------->over and out<---------
rolzi

------------------
Rolzi_69
Sir Matthew the mighty and brave!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 03:21 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This one's a no-brainer. Elminster, because he's at least 20th level in about 4 different classes, not to mention that he has more psionic ability than a mind flayer. Also he's a Chosen of Mystra. Last but not least, he's Ed Greenwood's alter ego, so of course he'd be godlike, and pull the best chicks in Faerun too (despite being 900 years old).

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 03:27 AM   #3
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Hmmmm well those are good points but i think drizzt is more powerull coz he is drow and has two scimitars. That blonde hair of his should scare old Elminster off.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 03:29 AM   #4
BladeMaster

I have to agree with Memnoch on part of what he said.

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 03:42 AM   #5
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Elminster is so dang powerful cause hes like the flagship character of the forgotten realms and also cause ed greenwood would cry if his alter ego was killed. I would however root for drizzt to win if they ever got in a fight cause I like him more.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 03:47 AM   #6
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

I don't think anyone should be allowed to get as powerful as elminster except if ur a god. If too unbalanced. I mean if there is ever a crisis theres gonna be no challenge if elminster butts in. Hmmm i wonder if he'd like a haekashar stuck on him for a while too drain back his "immense power". For instance in the LotT, Gandalf was powerful but not so powerful that he was universally fear as the one mass weapon of destruction. AH THE BALANCE MUST BE RESTORED.

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 04:05 AM   #7
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Elminster for sure. the only guy i can think of that would beat him in a duel would be Gandolf. cuz Gandolf was an arc angel. i think Elminster was too.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:12 AM   #8
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Arc angel? Well if thats was a servant for the gods then thats what he is but really hes just a mage from veredanholm, the was the last to leave. But that doesn't make him as powerful as elminster. Otherwise he would have attacked the dark lord sauron himself.

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 06:38 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackAssassin:
Hmmm i wonder if he'd like a haekashar stuck on him for a while too drain back his "immense power".
Problem is, a hakeashar wouldn't do anything to Elminster's psionics. He'd fry the hakeashar long before it got to him.

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 06:44 AM   #10
Vampire

Just what does Drizzt do when Elminster casts stone skin and time stop and other defensive spells.