Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-17-2000, 06:48 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

Could anybody give me a full list of quests etc. that can get you into the numerous Estates in the Government district? Some are inaccessible and others are just useless: you can enter but that's it. I figure there must be quests connected to them. I know of two of them: Firecam Estate - Keldorn and Jysstev Estate - Sir Sarles and info on the Hidden. Who knows about the other ones? Also in other city districts like the Sairk ... Estate in the Bridge district (Pimlico in Temple District has to do with Korgan right?)
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-17-2000, 10:14 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmm... The Gov District seems more affiliated with character and quest related issues more than quests themselves. I'm sure I will miss some things, but I will mention the things that I remember.
-Aquire Jan Jenson
-Save Viconia and let her join if you wish
-It is here that you can buy the magic licence
Reuniting Keldorn with his family if you choose to (mini quest)
-You're approached by a man reffering you to a wizard in the Gov., building who wants you to track down and kill or bring Valygar to justice
-Lord Roenal's home is here, if you have Nalia part of her quest is to prove he is a criminal by entering his home and finding incriminating evidence
-Lord Roenal's superior is in the Gov building, and it is he that you take your evidence to
-If you do the "Tanner's murders" quest in the Bridge District and you make the mistake of telling the Captain before you deal with the tanner (like I did) he will go and get killed. You can take his body to his superior in the Gov building to keep the quest alive and get your points
-The wizards who will assist Baron Ployer in his battle with you if you have Jaheira and are involved with her "curse" can be found here if you wish to bribe them, Ployer will face you alone (heh). Some people bribe them, then kill them to get their money back

That's all I can think of, as I mentioned from my experience the Gov District is primarily related issues, but I'm sure I haven't seen everything.
Old 12-17-2000, 10:28 AM   #3
ironfist

- Cernd quest in one of the estates, dont remember the name.
- Anomen quest of course
- Bring the head of child killer from Brigde District.
I never figure the Sairk Estate out either.
Btw, TheRelic, i think you cant kill the wizards if you bribe them first, they wont show up
in the baron's house.

Old 12-17-2000, 10:30 AM   #4
Armisael

You can bribe the head wizard and then kill him as he tries to leave the area.

Old 12-17-2000, 11:11 AM   #5
ironfist

Interesting, but will those two others show up in the Ployer's house if you kill the head wizard
after bribing him, I mean he never told others about this bribe.
Or, they arent just smart enough to notice that?

Old 12-17-2000, 01:24 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Actually, in my game, all three of them showed up at Baron's house after I killed the leader (and got my money back). So after Baron died, I attacked and killed all three of them when they try to leave (after a dialogue). And the leader has the same items as the first time I killed him.....oh well, more for me.
Old 12-17-2000, 06:53 PM   #7
Armisael

Nope. I bribed the head wizard (for half what he was asking, at that), killed him, and the other mages still never showed up at Ployer's house. Think about it in computer terms - the script to get rid of the wizards is triggered as soon as you bribe the wizard, so killing him won't have any further effect. Very satisfying, though.

Old 12-17-2000, 06:57 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Actually, I bribed him to kill Baron, not just stay out of the fight. I think that's the $2000 option.
Old 12-17-2000, 07:10 PM   #9
Armisael

Ah, I see. Heh, nice little bug there.