Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2000, 02:44 AM   #1
draconia

I have the flail and the other part for it. It says that if I had all the parts for it then it will be a valuable weapon. Where all the parts in the stronghold or are they hidden somewhere else? Can I take this to Cromwell and have him put it together? I was just curious because if it's worth my time then I will keep it, if not then I will sell it. Any suggestions or help on this??

Old 11-27-2000, 02:46 AM   #2
Armisael

There are three parts to the Flail of Ages. One is in the secret room beyond the forge, another is on the corpse of the possessed guard, and the third is in one of the statues in the Hall of Golems. It can be assembled in any order by the forge in the keep, and it's a very, very good weapon.

Old 11-27-2000, 03:01 AM   #3
draconia

I got the part from the Golem hall but I didn't get anything from a possessed guard. Where was this guard? I never ran into one. Will I be able to go back and get it or is it too late now? Thanks for your help.

Old 11-27-2000, 10:52 AM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

He was the Captain of the guard, you would have run into him on the second floor after passing through a couple of secret doors. Nalia makes a few comments about him when you run into him. He makes some comment about serving his new master. The room looks sort of like a small dining hall. It's a good weopon, does fire, ice and acid damage. I keep it on my Kensai for finishing off Trolls since he can only fight up close and personal. Oh, and I have never found a merchant that would buy it, I wouldn't sell it but have noticed that the Flail of Ages is always darkened out and can't be selected when dealing with a merchant in my experience that is.
Old 11-27-2000, 11:42 PM   #5
draconia

I didn't run into that guy but will I be able to go back and get it? I am in Chapter 3 doing the quests so I can get Imoen back. I hope that I will be able to go back. Thank for your help The.Relic.

Old 11-27-2000, 11:47 PM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

If you have already gone outside then no. Everything in the keep resets to empty once you go outside after completing the quest. I found this out the hardway myself. I had left 2 of the heads in a chest next to the smithy in the basement. Not knowing the keep layout I accidentally went outside thinking I was going upstairs. I went back inside and everything was gone, even the Golem that I had escaped from. Fortunately I had a save that wasn't too old. My pleasure, most people on this board are extremely friendly and helpful
Old 11-27-2000, 11:53 PM   #7
Armisael

The code for the flail head you're looking for (I believe the guard was supposed to drop the acid one) is CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BLUN14C"). It's not really cheating; the bloody castle's yours anyway.

Old 11-27-2000, 11:55 PM   #8
draconia

Well darn, I don't have a game saved from that quest. I guess next time I start over I know what to do. I have noticed that everyone here is really nice and friendly. I have posted questions on other websites and some are not too friendly. I really like coming here. I am really new here so it makes it nice to come back when ppl are nice and willing to help. Thanks again The.Relic. I hope next time I start a game and go do this quest, I remember to get the other part to the flail. Is it still usable with two parts?

Old 11-27-2000, 11:58 PM   #9
draconia

I have never tried to put in codes for things. How do I do that?

Old 11-27-2000, 11:59 PM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Draconia, your nik seems female, I ask because if you are, a female fighter on another board was asking if female fighters could get the keep as their stronghold. She wants the Keep and I don't blame her for not wanting to have to play as a male just to get it.
If you don't feel like saying no prob..
And if I misread and you are male, I apologize most profusely....