Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2000, 12:43 AM   #1
Beaudoin

Ok... here's the deal...

Jaheira got cursed in a tavern. I tracked the plug down and killed him. I picked up a piece of Jaheira's hair to remove the curse and then rested in an Inn as instructed. ...BUT NOTHING HAPPENED! She's still cursed and I can't remove it! Resting doesn't work! Is this a bug?

Old 11-22-2000, 12:59 AM   #2
_max_RUSSKIE

Rest for a FULL day i.e. 4x8 hours

Old 11-22-2000, 01:34 PM   #3
Thore-UndeadHunter

Dump her, she sux, sooo annoying and I found her weak.

Old 11-22-2000, 01:57 PM   #4
Beaudoin

You're right... she is very annoying!

I'll have the bitch sleep a full 24 hours. Thanks for your help!

Old 11-22-2000, 02:00 PM   #5
Thore-UndeadHunter

Hehe, I dumped her and Minsc also. Both of them were just too annoying and no real benefit to me.

Old 11-22-2000, 02:05 PM   #6
GideonRaine

Yeah i agree i hate all those NPC's, so i just started a multiplayer game and made a complete party for myself, heh heh , kicks ass too. If you want a kickass player, make Kensai/Mages and Half-orc fighter/clerics with a 19 str and a 19 con, he just walks around and beats crap up, makes lock picking easier when he's got a 19 str cuz he has a 50% bash percentage

Old 11-22-2000, 02:26 PM   #7
Archmagi Wah

Jaheria is a total bitch........full stop. In fact I got rid of her as soon as she got that curse so that she can go and find some cure on her own - serves her right to be a nosey harper!!

Another thing, I started the game again as a mage, and I casted a spider spawn INSIDE HER CAGE!! Then I got the spider to attack her and watched with pleasure as she tried to defend herself...........and failed!!

(I left Minsc alone though)

Old 11-22-2000, 02:31 PM   #8
Beaudoin

Ya!... having her around is like having my wife in my face all the time. I can't believe the grief I get from this hoe! Well... after reading some of the threads from this forum, I may make a slight party shuffle.

Old 11-22-2000, 02:35 PM   #9
Thore-UndeadHunter

hehehehe lol lol

Old 11-22-2000, 03:08 PM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

You are right, Jaheira can be as annoying as heck, but you really are underestimating her value. I'm only in chapter 3, and with the right gear I already have her AC down to -9, which is almost impossible for most other characters. She almost never gets hit. With the right +3 weopons Jaheira can tank with the best of them when needed. I bought her the +5 sling from the merchant in the Copper Coronet for 25k, dang, she almost never misses. And that is one of the few weopons that can pick away at those annoying bosses that can only be slightly injured by +3 or 4 and higher weopons. Add her spell casting ability and Jaheira is one of the best all round all purpose NPC's in the game. If you are worried about her strength, buy or give her a girdle of giant strength. Jaheira can be very awesome is used properly.