Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2000, 12:02 AM   #11
Armisael

Fairly simple. Open up baldur.ini in the BG2 root directory, and add the line 'Debug Mode=1' under '[Program Options]'. Press control & space together in the game and the console will pop up. Then just type in the code. Good luck.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:03 AM   #12
draconia

I am female but my character in BG2 is male. He is a thief so I didn't get the keep. Nalia didn't offer it to me. I also have another character that is female but I she sucks so I stick with my male thief.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:04 AM   #13
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Ok thanx, you only get offered the Keep if you are one of the fighter class.
Old 11-28-2000, 12:05 AM   #14
draconia

Thanks Armisael. I will try that.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:09 AM   #15
draconia

Your welcome The.Relic. Maybe next time I will try a fighter class so I can get the keep. Sounds like it might be fun to have it. Do you have to keep Nalia in your party to have the keep?

Old 11-28-2000, 12:22 AM   #16
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I kept Nalia in my party until after I solved her side quest to prove that Lord Roenel was a crook. The Keep is a lot of fun. You have a bunch of little mini quests pop up every week or so requiring your presense in order to resolve some matter regarding your holdings. Most are dialogue matters with options ranging from treating the individual/s harshly as previous custom dictates, to showing compassion, which often costs you some money to help out. So far I have chosen the compassionate route and been correct. My current status within the holdings is that I am as loved as Lord D'Arnise if not moreso.
It is funny going around and being called Lord.
You also get 500 gold or more per week depending on what you set the tax rate at.
And of course the Roenel's have come with an ultimatum demanding I give up the keep or they will bring their army and take it. Heh, I am looking forward to that.
I even had a priest come and offer to work at the Keep, so now I get gold, a free place to rest and I have a priest to buy potions or spells from and get healings if I need them.
You get XP's for resolving each little quest that comes up.
It has been fun....
Nice to have another lady on the board...
Old 11-28-2000, 12:27 AM   #17
draconia

Wow, that sounds like alot of fun, now I am going to have to start a game with a fighter. Thanks again, The.Relic for all the info. Thanks for making me feel so welcome here. I am definitely going to have to keep coming back here.

Old 11-28-2000, 12:43 AM   #18
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Please do Draconia, as I mentioned you will find nearly everyone here very freindly and helpful. This is one of the most flame free boards I have ever seen. And the moderators here are very good. We had a recent problem with a couple of newb Flamers who are forever to remain nameless They were banned withing 3 days. I think you will like the people here. Good night.