Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 09:31 AM   #1
Pikey
Welcomed New User

Letter

Hey folks

I'm new here but I've been playing W&W for a few years, but It's been over a year since I last played due to work, computer troubles and such. I'm also a moderator on a few forums and chat rooms so finding the time is difficult ... not enough hours in a day and all that stuff.

Anyways, I reinstalled the game the other day and I'm stuck in the crypt. Yup, it's those mystic fires again. I've tried running through them, jumping and strafing them but no joy. I've read a few forums etc but they just say run through them. I can't do it. Am I missing something here, are there certain stats I need to beat the portculis?

Also, my rogue as picked up a curse or something, I don't remember this particular curse from the last time I played over a year ago. It appears as a little head with a purple hat on my character. Was is it and how do I get rid of it? Is there a chart which sombody has made that lists all the curses, their effect and cures?

Cheers
Pikey
Old 04-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Pikey! May your journeys in the Gael Serran bring you more joy than you've a right to... [img]smile.gif[/img]

The easy question first: at your level, head to the temple for some rites. That's the only way to remove that curse. There may be a spell later on, but if you're in the crypt, you won't have it (whatever it is).

Now, the hard question... first off, I hate those fires too. You can find the answers to getting through them in the Best Tips thread at the top of the forum list.

You go through the fires differently, depending on whether you chose the wizard or warrior path.

For one, running through while carrying a chest will get you past (the portcullis hits the chest and bounces up).

For the other, you can't touch the central healing fire, so you have to run around it.

There are some levers which factor into it as well... when I get there, I save the game, run around 'til I've burned up a few times, and then look it up in best tips. Then I save again and try to get through until I succeed.

If you need more assistance, just post away. You'll find we're quite the friendly bunch around here... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:44 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And a warm welcome to the board from me as well. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

On page four of our most excellent best tips thread there are two links to the two lists of icons. Here you find a list of icons indicating positive effects. And here are the negative ones. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-02-2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 04-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
Pikey
Welcomed New User

I found out about the rites when I tried looking up curse definitions in the manual - there aren't any. I would never have thought about using a chest to stop the portculis from closing ... cheers ... don't think I used that a couple of years ago. Cheers for the icons too, gonna print thos off as a quick reference.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Pikey!!!

You've already been given excellent advice on how to get through those fires! It's a bit tricky at first. Chests and crates can be useful for many things, just ask Stackman! Lol!!

Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:02 AM   #6
Pikey
Welcomed New User

uh huh that toad shaman tiniwinki or whatever is name is is doing me nut in. I've done as he asks and killed the 4 scabban's monster thingies but he won't give me the goodies. Oh yeah, and I gave the potion to that idiot down near nymph lake ... what gives?
Old 04-04-2004, 07:51 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

When you killed the last of the evils, you should have heard some dialogue about toads croaking in happiness. If you didn't hear that, the game doesn't recognize that you've completed the quest. The good thing is that you don't get much from him, and it doesn't affect the rest of the game.

As for Mekdawa, you had the right person give him a potion, right? The quest-holder must give it, and then the quest-holder must talk to the temple guildmaster.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Pikey! As Wyv said, keep us posted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:03 AM   #9
Eagle eye
Elminster

Welcome Pikey,
I got stuck here for quite a while but eventually I got through due to constently running towards the grate everytime it opened, and after a while of that I got through
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote