Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 PM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm glad you're okay, Nano! Even if there's minimal damage and no police have to be involved it's unnerving to be in an accident, isn't it, especially one you don't see coming. When I was a very new driver a guy ran into the back of me, hardly doing any damage, but the BANG!!! almost scared the bejeebers out of me!
Old 03-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad to hear you're okay as well. An accident is never fun... and when you've been surprised, it's worse.

Important thing to remember is that cars can be replaced. People can't. I'm glad to hear you're okay.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:00 PM   #13
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Thanks again guys.
This is kind of bizarre. Three years ago, on this very day, a student attending the high school I used to go to was killed in a car accident. The bizarre thing is that he and I shared the same birthday. Is this just a coincidence, or? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 02:05 AM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well, good to hear you are okey...
and that is a weird coinicidence...
Old 03-03-2004, 04:10 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Glad you're OK Nano, you must have gotten quite a scare! Thankfully no one was hurt.

Oh and I'd say it's just a weird coincidence. Such things strike us *because* they're strange, and every time something happens that isn't strange you tend to forget about it, making the odd events stick out.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
No one was hurt. The girl's and my car got banged up pretty bad though.
Good to hear that nobody got injured! Ugh, I know about fender benders. Not much fun having to do the paperwork and repairs and all. I hope you get things fixed up and the insurance pays for it!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #17
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Poor car... hehehe nah.

I am glad you are doing fine Nano... Like the rest are saying you are the primary concern and the people around you. LIke my mom said, "Don't worry if you bumped a car or if someone banged up your car, as long as nobody gets hurt."
Old 03-04-2004, 04:21 AM   #18
Grojlach
Zartan

You go to school *by car*? It does strike a little bit odd to me, but it's probably just a cultural difference...

Ah well, good to know you're alright. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 04:46 AM   #19
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ugh, I know about fender benders. Not much fun having to do the paperwork and repairs and all. I hope you get things fixed up and the insurance pays for it!
I think it's more than just a fender bender. The truck I hit had a boat latch, and that was the primary cause of damage to my car. The girl's front end was smashed in, maybe a foot, but my back end only had a few scratches.
Just try to imagine running your car into a steel beam, and you'll have an idea of what the front of mine looks like.

But again, thanks for the concern.

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
You go to school *by car*?
It's not any of the fancy smanshy stuff most kids around here drive, but it gets me to where I need to go.
The thing is, here seniors are let out 5 minutes early as a sort of privelege for being, well seniors. The girl who hit me was a junior, so does that tell you anything?

It's odd really. When you're driving past an accident, you don't really consider it to be a big thing. But when you're in one, it's like the major event of the month.

[ 03-04-2004, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 03-04-2004, 06:19 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I am with Nano on this one. I also drive but not those high-end cars...

I have been witness to so many accidents, and they seem so far away and there are some accidents on where I also want to help. I don't know if I am doing the right thing though by meddling with them. I mean there are already people helping them, but I still want to... odd feeling.