Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 11:56 AM   #11
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think i would like you to stay here and have i nice time with all of us not only go away to another forum, i like you and i think many of the other members that not have replyed yet do so but remeber it is saturday so look here tomorrow to [img]tongue.gif[/img] !!
We all do mistakes, me to a LOT ask the mods hehe and dont take all this as "personale" atack on your person USS it is the thingie you sometimes write they argue about and dont agree with you that is the same with all of us
And Larry_OHF have a good idea visit some great gameforums you like and do as he say but also come here and "spam" a little like i do and tons of other members here do lol and have fun and dont take anything personale my friend! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Look at your PM to USS!!
Se ya!

Regards Eivind
Old 09-21-2002, 12:10 PM   #12
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Yah, I agree with Megabot. Try out some game forums, but continue posting here. You'll notice that, while I'm active here, I also post frequently in BG2, BG2 ToB and Wiz 8 Forums. I think that it's tough when you're thirteen (one of the roughest years of my life,) and I'm sure most of us don't hold it against you. Anywho, your decision, but try staying and just being yourself, and letting other people be themselves. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2002, 01:38 PM   #13
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Dude its never too late to change yourself .... we're all open-minded and fun loving people it doesnt take us long to forgive people ..... we dont hold grudges good luck on a new beginning !
Old 09-21-2002, 02:08 PM   #14
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Dude its never too late to change yourself .... we're all open-minded and fun loving people it doesnt take us long to forgive people ..... we dont hold grudges good luck on a new beginning !
HERE HERE!!!!
Old 09-21-2002, 02:24 PM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hmm, I think Larry made an excellent suggestion, uss. I think most of us remember what it was like to be 13, and how hard it would be to relate to a bunch of adults, in a different language, and from all kinds of cultures. Try not to be so "bumptious," (look that word up [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and cocksure all of the time. For what it is worth, I am not mad at you nor do I dislike you.
Old 09-21-2002, 02:39 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I seem to have the lowest reputation in the forum.
You want to watch yourself with such bold statements when people like me are still around

But anyway, I like you, uss. You say what you feel, whether people like it or not, and that's a valuable attribute. Some people sugar-coat their posts and say a lot of things to appeal to the general public here at Ironworks, as opposed to what they really think and feel. You're an exception, and, in many cases, a welcome breath of fresh air.

But bear in mind there is such a thing as tact; you need to be careful that you don't insult people or hit on any raw nerves. If you do not agree with a particularly sensitive issue (ie. September 11th), it is best not to post at all.

Take a break if you need to, but don't leave for good! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and by the way, this type of post isn't allowed here [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2002, 03:35 PM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

*sigh*

USS, don't flatter yourself by thinking that the mods dislike you - don't make the mistake of thinking that because we call you out on certain things we dislike you. We call people on dozens of things a week and we certainly don't dwell on those.

Don't expect nice flowery words from me because people who know me know that I value honesty above all else. Let me be honest with my opinion of you:

1. I think you WANT to have a certain notoriety in here, which is why you push boundaries. You want to be a bit of a bad guy, because being bad is pretty cool, isn't it?

2. I don't think people dislike you as much as you make it out. Prior to this post I hadn't even noticed all this stuff you've allegedly done. Most people here, including myself, have a positive opinion of you despite all this stuff you claim you've done.

3. You don't like other people telling you what to do, especially if they are moderators. And you dwell on these things - like you have turned a mountain out of a molehill because I told you to ease off on a stupid joke you made out of someone's misspelling. That was two days ago - get over it!

4. You like being the centre of attention and when you aren't you start becoming a bit of a drama queen (eg your points 1, 6 and 9). You're not alone in this - most of us have done it at one time or another.

5. You're not the most tactful person in the world. You're entitled to have your own opinion and have an open mind, but along with that comes courtesy and respect for others and THEIR opinions and feelings.

6. All in all, you're not a bad guy - you're just feeling a bit unnoticed and unloved at the moment. Everyone goes through this phase - this is a big forum and we can't pay attention to everyone all the time. Just because people aren't replying to you or paying attention to you doesn't mean they don't like you.

That's my opinion of you based on what you've shown me so far. Honesty is important to me - I want everyone to know EXACTLY where they stand with me. Everyone on this forum has gone through this phase at one time or another. You are caught in a cycle - receive negativity, give negativity, etc. My advice would be to chill out and realize that the world is not against you - you're among friends here. Treat us that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2002, 03:45 PM   #18
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
6. All in all, you're not a bad guy - you're just feeling a bit unnoticed and unloved at the moment. Everyone goes through this phase - this is a big forum and we can't pay attention to everyone all the time. Just because people aren't replying to you or paying attention to you doesn't mean they don't like you.

That's my opinion of you based on what you've shown me so far. Honesty is important to me - I want everyone to know EXACTLY where they stand with me. Everyone on this forum has gone through this phase at one time or another. You are caught in a cycle - receive negativity, give negativity, etc. My advice would be to chill out and realize that the world is not against you - you're among friends here. Treat us that way. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i totally agree with what memnoch says and only highlightened the las two points for a reason,
1) Group *HUGS* for USS!!!!!!!

2) what do you thinks of me memnoch...no wait i might not want to know [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Felix
Old 09-21-2002, 03:52 PM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
2) what do you thinks of me memnoch...no wait i might not want to know [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Felix
Who did you say you were again? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2002, 03:57 PM   #20
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Felix
Who did you say you were again? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I'm the one with all the questions on the AuroraToolset remember!

Felix